Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

*ahem*...now eating a large serving of humble pie...

kigndano
October 10th, 2007, 11:38 AM
so i bought a gentle leader yesterday after i managed to scrounge up 25 extra bucks and i have to say...

THANK GOD!

its at least 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0 times easier to control my little wild doggy, and when he tries to go all haywire at people he ends up correcting himself cuz of the pressure on the head collar.

so....

i am a stubborn SOB BUT i am also big enough to admit when i was wrong

which i was
:o

if anyone has any problem walking a dog just go buy one of these damn things, theyre rediculous!

i must have done a good 20-25 choke chain pops on him before this on every damn walk, every chipmunk we passed, person, dog etc.

now all i do is hold the leash.

thank the lord

Love4himies
October 10th, 2007, 11:47 AM
That's good news. Don't know anything about training a dog, but I have been following your training issues on this board.

TMac
October 10th, 2007, 05:14 PM
That's great Kigndano! We love the gentle leader - its worked like a charm on our 85 pounds of dog! :thumbs up

Always great to try different things - one method may or may not work for the same dog as it does with another.

Winston
October 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Whew hew! I have had to eat some of that humble pie before! You will enjoy your walks so much more!

Cindy

mummummum
October 10th, 2007, 06:22 PM
That's great news Kigndano ~ I'm sure the pupster is a whole lot happier too !

kashtin's kin
October 13th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Great news :thumbs up; you are [both] going to enjoy walks sooo much more...sounds like you already have!! As a horseperson, I'm real familiar with the halter concept, but hadn't seen a 'gentle leader/Halti' thingy till a few years back when I worked with someone who socialized guide dog pups for the first year or so of their life.

Later, when I temporarily cared for a GSD weighing almost as much as me, but with much worse manners!! :D, I picked up a Halti asap. Without it, that dog would have been lunging all over the county with me in helpless tow. Glad to hear that it's working for you...sure beats constant leash correction/choke collars et al. Happy walks!! :dog: