Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Crap! Help!

want4rain
October 9th, 2007, 08:53 PM
oops... i have deer guts and dont know what to do with it now.

i have the intestines in one bag, the rest of the guts in another bag. its dark out and i have no light to work outside.... and its *NOT* coming inside. sitting in a cooler out on the front porch.

what do i do with it now? :eek:

-ashley

dmc123
October 9th, 2007, 08:57 PM
??????????

breeze
October 9th, 2007, 08:57 PM
pack it in ice, tape the cooler up real tight and wait for the morning ??:shrug::shrug:

:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Frenchy
October 9th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I say spread this on the kitchen floor and wait for hubby's reaction when he comes home :laughing: make a little horror video .....

ok sorry , I'm not much help I know :yell:

want4rain
October 9th, 2007, 09:17 PM
ROFLMAO Frenchy!!! my poor husband!! if he werent home already, i would ahve left the thing open just inside the door. :evil: have him wlak in the door, take a deep breath to shout HONEY IM HOME!! to only get a mouth full of that SMELL!!

-ashley

rainbow
October 10th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Ummm...how did you end up with a bag of deer guts? :o

Dracko
October 10th, 2007, 12:18 AM
Ummm...how did you end up with a bag of deer guts? :o

^^^^ Yeah that.:cool:

want4rain
October 10th, 2007, 09:09 AM
weeeeeell..... since you asked.....

a few weeks ago i started asking around at work about hunters since hunting season was on its way soon. found a guy who did bird hunting, expected to bag a few turkeys and ducks. i asked him if i could have the left overs (minus the feathers of course), he said SURE! we exchanged numbers and thats was all i heard for a few weeks.

last night around 8:30 i get a call from him, 'still want those guts?'
i said 'sure! where are you at?'
'behind the rink'
'ok, see you in a few.'

i got out there, pulled around back of this place, there is a few heaping piles of.... SNOW!! folks, it was a record high of almost 34c yesterday.... and there was snow on the ground.... and two guys gutting a deer. one of the guys pop his head up from his task only to exclaim-
'its the guts lady!!' :rolleyes:

ive been called a lot of things in my life but 'guts lady' was a first.

i walked over to offer some help (i mean i am walking off with part of it right?) and to get a better look in the dark at these two guys. one is your typical expectation of a southern boy. the OTHER, the one taking it home has these huge plugs in his ears, several tattoos and a pair of undies that said 'no crack here' when he bent over. :laughing: even punk rock cant push out southern huh?

after i communicated what i wanted, got the cooler out and my bags ready, the one guy with the tattoos says he was stopped at a gas station by a guy who had obviously been out hunting all day. said he *just* shot it, followed it out this way and didnt want to haul it home-
'do ya want it?'
'sure!'

few minutes later as they are getting ready to dress it,
'hey Dave, you know someone else who wants deer meat?'

someone mentioned BSE a while back. ive found several sites that state there are no reports of BSE in dogs, apparently they can not contract it. i expect this to be a seasonal thing, ill get what i can over the next few months and stretch it over the year or just supplement with what we have now. im not sure how often i can do that.... :yuck:

i checked it a bit ago. im going to go clean it up when Jeffrey takes a nap, identify the parts..... or try anyway.

im seriously considering vegetarianism.

-ashley

Jim Hall
October 10th, 2007, 09:14 AM
urgghhhh and i thought looking at cat food in the morning was grotty

want4rain
October 10th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Jim.... its the smell.... oh god... driving in the car like that last night... i had a beer afterwards.

-ashley