Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

travelling with my cat to korea

anjelle
October 9th, 2007, 03:26 PM
I have been finding random scattered info online about taking my cat with me from Canada to Korea.

I was wondering if anyone may know where I could find the information I need. I want to know exactly what shots she will need and if there is actually quarantine and for how long.

Thanks.
Anj~

rainbow
October 9th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Does this site help?

http://www.korea4expats.com/article-bringing-pets.html

anjelle
October 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks, but it is still pretty vague for my situation. Our situation is also very unique in the fact that Aija is Korean.

I have actually found a fabulous vet here in Regina who has helped many people take their pets home. Even though this will be her first time sending a pet to Korea I have lots of faith in her. It looks like we may be able to work off the vaccinations she received while in Korea!

I will update this post post-arrival in Korea.

rainbow
October 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Good luck.....I hope all goes well with your trip and your have a safe arrival in Korea. Keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

gallussi
January 14th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Dear Anjelle,
This information may be a little late for you, however there is a little more up to date info plus some good links to pet import assistance.
http://www.expat-advisory.com/forums/-vp3808.html

Hope all went well with the move.

Regards
Anthony

anjelle
November 19th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Sorry for the VERY late reply (does the excuse that I was computerless for 5 of the last 11 months count :S)

So, ya. WOW! It was sooo easy to bring her in.

The day before leaving Canada I went to some Government building for exporting/importing food, or something strange along those lines.

I was given some papers for her.

I walked right into Seoul without an issue. Not sure if this has to do with the fact that she IS Korean. All of her shots were done in Korea (even though everything was imported from the States). And we in Canada for less than four months.

Next, will be getting her home again next June.