Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog park in whitby

Airbud/Bailey
October 9th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Hi

I am the owner of a small dog Airbud and a large dog named bailey. We would like to know if there are any dog parks in whitby. i know there is talk of putting a big one in, but not sure if there is one somewhere out there as well. thanks!

happycats
October 9th, 2007, 01:02 PM
I don;t know of any in Whitby, but there are these in Durham.

Ajax

Ajax Conservation Area. Beautiful views. Large area for off leash. Hilly, water, forest, flat land, river, excellent. Location: Church Street and 5th Concession in Ajax, a part of the Conservation Area. Directions: 1st lights east of Brock Road, south of the 407 Highway, turn south. Follow to end and go left along gravel road, then right before steep hill. Park entrance and parking on the left. or: 401 to Westney, south on Westney past the Tim Hortons. Right hand side. (Thank you Helen Hatton & Jen)

Oshawa

Happy Tails K9 Park. 1 acre fully fenced. Opening soon, by membership only. Trial basis, if successful, park will expand. Currently 1 acre fully fenced. Event days, and activities, BBQ days for members. Location: 1970 Conc Road 9. (Thank you Kathy Asling)

And Harmony Creek Conservation Area is a beautiful, undeveloped piece of land in northeast Oshawa. The park has many walking trails and is used extensively by local residents and has become the de facto off-leash park for dog walking in Oshawa

Dog Fun Etiquette
Make sure to bring something (like a pooper scooper or bags) to pick up the mess your dog(s) make. Always clean up after your dog.
Bring some water for your dog and a leash (just in case)
Don't bring your dog if it is aggressive
Don't let your pet wander too far. Always keep an eye on them.
If the park is near a residential area, minimize the barking.

rainbow
October 9th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Don't know of any dog parks but just wanted to say welcome to the forum. :thumbs up And, we'd love to see pics of Airbud and Bailey. :D