Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat is not eating or drinking .. would like to bring him to health

mooks
October 9th, 2007, 09:10 AM
My cat was diagnosed with a disease a few months ago, I don't it exactly because we were given two types of illnesses and where suppose to be charged more to find out. We would have to pay more for tests, to find out what he has. A year before his brother was killed, so losing him is extremely disheartening. For several weeks he was getting skinny, but was able to eat, bring socks up like he always does and enjoy the great out doors. Recently his health has suddenly dropped (I have scoured the net, and I have read this is all normal. I feel helpless, Personally I love him more than anyone right now, and want to do anything to save him, At least knowing I tried. He hasn't eaten for 3-4 days and drank water. He barely gets up, doesn't go to the washroom by himself, and can barely walk on his own, he can't even stand anymore. I'm basically in a last ditch effort. We force feed him and drop water, he still has the strenght to get up, but he has quickly deteriorated from what I know of him and how he was. He is only 10 years old, his brother was absolutely fine, never sick.

hazelrunpack
October 9th, 2007, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry your cat is ill, mooks. Unfortunately, if you don't even know what's wrong with him, it will be awfully hard for anyone to give you any advice except to take him back to the vet. He's critically ill and needs the care of a vet.

If you can't afford tests or treatment, please talk to your vet about payment plans or borrow the money from family. Without a vet's care, your cat will die.

Please take him back into the vet today. And keep us posted.

badger
October 9th, 2007, 10:02 AM
What were the two possible diagnoses?

Love4himies
October 9th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Your cat will need vet care and I would be taking him there today. A cat not eating or drinking is a sign of serious illness.

What are the two possible diagnoses you mentioned in your original post?

sugarcatmom
October 9th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Not eating for "3 or 4 days" is a medical emergency. I agree with Hazelrunpack that you need to get your cat to the vet immediately or death is inevitable. If you can't afford vet care, take a look at this website to see if you qualify for financial aid: http://www.imom.org/ But please don't waste time searching the net for a diagnosis, you really owe it to your little dude to get him checked out.

mooks
October 9th, 2007, 10:15 AM
He had a liver disease of sorts. I have the two possible diagnosis on paper back from July. In August I went on a trip, and came back he started getting worse. We brought him to the vet, He had jaundice and his veins were to far gone to inject him, he was put to sleep. The veternarian told us in July there was nothing that could be done, that he could just live out his life. When I heard it could be cancer I was hear broken. I'll never forget the look in his eye and how his head was tilting just to stay afloat.

badger
October 9th, 2007, 10:28 AM
No, I mean the other cat.

we were given two types of illnesses and where suppose to be charged more to find out

Diagnosis or not, he will die without help. Even if you take him to the vet and nothing can be done, at least you can make sure he passes peacefully, with you by his side.

Don't wait another minute.