Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New cat update

Bluedrake
October 8th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Well, it's the third day, and I think my two kitties are making progress.:thumbs up

See for yourself. Chinook couldn't tolerate Erin in the same room before. Now they are sleeping on the same bed, albeit at opposite ends of it... Now the question remains: Where do I sleep? :yell: I'm gonna need a bigger bed...

ancientgirl
October 8th, 2007, 06:42 PM
That IS progress. I remember it took me about a week before I could have Oksana outside with Vlad. Even then he'd attack her quite a few times. One day he was chasing her and she ran to the food bowl, his food bowl to be exact. He stopped and allowed her to eat out of his bowl and let her just walk away. Then a few days later I saw her chasing him.

Now they get along very well. I still hear her hissing and screeching because he's trying to exert his dominance, but for he backs off and leaves her alone. And many a time I see him cuddle up next to her and vice versa.

As for the bed, you'll just have one sleeping at the foot and one at the head for a while, but in no time they'll both sleep right next to you.:thumbs up

Frenchy
October 8th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Congrats on the progress ! :thumbs up and be careful , if you buy a bigger bed , you may adopt more cats :laughing:

Love4himies
October 9th, 2007, 10:09 AM
You could sleep kitty corner. Your feet will stick over the edge, but as long as the cats are happy that is all that matters, right:D

Roscoe's Mom
October 9th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Once a very long time ago, I had two kitties - an orange tabby (George) and a black and white (Flash Cat). Yours look so much like them it brought back a flood of memories. Good luck on getting them together - and oh,yes - good luck on getting some bed 'room'!:laughing:

krdahmer
October 9th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Congrats on the progress ! :thumbs up and be careful , if you buy a bigger bed , you may adopt more cats :laughing:

Ditto!:thumbs up And I know first hand that 6 fit nicely in a king size bed!:laughing: