Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

need help and advice for meg

jillm
October 8th, 2007, 09:34 AM
just new to all this haven't quite got the hang of it yet, posted a thread on wrong place i think, anyway, my border terrier meg recently became unwell very lethargic, then she lost the use of her back legs, after going to vets and various blood tests and xrays still no cause has been given we are waiting for a MRI scan but her immediate problem is although she has gained some strength in her back legs and is well now in herself she is walking on her knuckles and this is causing fur loss and now skin irriation any advice or suggestions would be appreciated
yours hopefully
jillm:shrug::shrug:

SnowDancer
October 8th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Sorry about your pup. You will need the results of the MRI - but my guess would be a disc problem in your dog's back - but a regular X-Ray should have shown if there was a disc problem - and then a referral to a neuro for the MRI. It is possible that resting and possible taking of steroids have resulted in some lessening of the paralysis - but this would be temporary. I would have the MRI done asap. I have a lot of experience with this. Hope everything works out.

growler~GateKeeper
October 8th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Check your other thread I replied there :)

jillm
October 11th, 2007, 04:32 PM
meg is still knuckle walking going to vets tomorrow and going to get scan thanks for your wonderful advice it really helped will hopefully get diagnosis cos its killing me to see her this way:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug: