Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Funny names

Janie123
October 7th, 2007, 02:03 PM
We had a cat named Irving. Bru is called Bru because we didn't like the name Bruno. Actually,we call him Boo. We we given a yorkie name Bonnie and my husband calls her Bonnie Sue. lol Even her tags say that.:lightbulb::clown::D

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2007, 02:22 PM
I like the name Irving--'specially for a cat. I've met lots of cats that looked like Irvings! And Boo is just too cute a name... :D Is Bonnie Sue a country singer? :dog: She sounds like she should be! And wear a spangled collar! :lovestruck:

We've got a "Lil Belle", through no fault of our own. :laughing: Her original name was Belle, but when the breeder rescued her from her first twink of an owner and took her in, she changed it to "Little Belle"--there was already an older Belle (thereafter known as "Big Belle") in the house. Over the next few weeks, the "Little" got shortened to "Lil". Lil Belle loved her new name and won't respond to just "Belle" any more. :shrug:

We call her LB a lot cuz everyone thinks her name is Lulubell when they hear it. :laughing:

happycats
October 7th, 2007, 06:58 PM
My cat first cat Lucky was Lucky Lou.
My second cat is Sega, so I called him Sega Too (at dinner time I'd call "Lucky Lou and Sega Too!")
My third was "Squeek" because her meow was actually a squeek.
My fourth is "TuffY" (her name when I got her was Fluffy, I hate fluffy! sorry, to any Fluffy owners :o)
My fifth and sixth are brothers one we named "jay" it was Lucky Junior, because he looked like a little Lucky, and it got shortened to Jay.
the other brother was "chase" but everytime I called him "beautiful" he would come running, then it was (in baby talk ) booweeful! then it just got shortened to "Boowee" and it's such, a fun name to say!:lovestruck:

krdahmer
October 8th, 2007, 11:57 AM
First cat was Eldorado, cause he was the cadillac of cats...:rip::angel:
Second is Cordelia... also named after a tragically hip song (I was a fanatic fan... saw them 14 times)
Then there are my six...
Windy, brought her home on a gusty day, and she lived up to the name!:yuck:
Smoke.... we got her and her brother and they were Smoke and Ashes:rip::angel: because of their colouring.
Then Buddy, thats what I called him when he came to see me before I took him in and it suits him.
Then Fagan, I actually looked it up, it's gaelic for fiery and small.
Then Palomine, came to me just like Buddy, so I was calling him Pal... then Pal of mine.... then Palomine.
And finally Asker... the neighbour named her, and I hate it but not sure I should change it so she is called Little Squirt as she's the baby around here.

My brother has the best cat names though... he has two males, Roscoe (as in P. Coltrane!!) a tuxedo with a bad attitude and Zeke (Fagan's brother and also an orange tabby)... who we should call deke cause you never ever see anything but a fluffy tail heading under the bed!

Freyja
October 8th, 2007, 02:04 PM
We had a Ming growing up- Siamese of course
Then I had cats, Sophie (Sophie's Choice), Gatsby (The Great Gatsby) they were brother and sister. I also had Misha after Mikhail Baryshnikov. Then one rainy night a black cat was meowing at my door and when I opened it up, he ran in and made himself at home. The first name that popped into my head was Simon. It was like he told me his name himself. After trying to find his owners without success, he had a collar on, he became mine.

After Gatsby died at the ripe age of 20. I switched species and got Lindy, Shepherd/Husky (the pretty girl in my avatar) who was called Indy at the humane society. Then yesterday we got Sawyer. Named by us, not by the rescue society.

Riluke
October 8th, 2007, 02:36 PM
I had a gerbil named Cheezebiscuit - who went by Cheezy (if you met her you would understand why).
A cat named Wolf - he was as big as a dog in my opinon and had the personality to match
Now we have Skittles and Mr. Squeeker the rat brothers - named by my six year old. And ofcourse Luke...we were talking about names for the dog when a little voice over on the couch thought we should call him colours....we didn't like that so much, so he suggested Luke...and it stuck.

chico2
October 8th, 2007, 04:24 PM
My Rocky is after Rocky Balboa,because he had really big paws,also called baby-boy,old guy etc...
Chico,because he was chicory coloured as a kitten,almost darkbrown,which turned black,also called Chi-Chi..
Vinnie,was originally Winnie,because he was found on Winston Churchill Boulevard here in Oakville,Vinnie is easier to say,mostly called Vinnie-poo,Whitie and Chubby:laughing:

ancientgirl
October 8th, 2007, 04:40 PM
My first pets were two parakeets. The male was named Speed and the female Trixie. In high school my first kitty was named Polo, he was a silver tabby. My dad brought home another kitty that was homeless who I named Marco, he was white and looked like a Siamese. He gave Marco to a student who he met who was blind. After my Polo died I had another kitty named Katina.

These days I've gone Russian:D with Vlad and Oksana.

happycats
October 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM
My first pets were two parakeets. The male was named Speed and the female Trixie. .
my childhood dog's name was Trixie! (so was our first cat:o) LOL I guess we weren't very original!

ancientgirl
October 8th, 2007, 08:10 PM
LOL, yeah that and we might have watched too many cartoons. Go Speed Racer go!

happycats
October 8th, 2007, 08:17 PM
LOL, yeah that and we might have watched too many cartoons. Go Speed Racer go!

LOL porbably!

huskypup
October 9th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Now lets see....

Lucca my white male husky - his name means bringer of light, we got him when our silver husky - Shasta ran to the bridge and I was very down.

Mia - my black & white female husky - not sure I had a dream that I had a black & white husky and her name was Mia - again it is Italian and means my daughter.

Freeway :rip: my baby was found on a motorway across the water you all the Freeways hence the name.

Shasta :rip: my silver & white husky - her name is an Native American Indian name.

Lucy Loppett - my 18 year old tabby cat = orginally a ferral - prefers now my bed

Moguai (as the gremlins) she is a black/blue bermese and sings very loudly all the time - hence the name - her really name is Suzy woo

Millie - tortoise shell cat orginally called Gilly but refused to call her that - it was my ex mother-in-laws name

and Finally our baby of the house - Albie Dooby, she is our ginger queen a ferral that was rescued by us at 4 weeks, she was orginally called Amber because of the colouring, but ex used to call her LB which stood for Little baby - LB became AL B and now she is Albie Dooby, usually Dooby.

Dogs are usually called Luccy and Me me.

roccoisus
October 10th, 2007, 10:50 AM
I love reading how everyones animals got the names :)
The first cat that ever owned me was Boots because she had white boots
Then came Ming Siamese he was a real lover
Piewacket Siamese crazy cat that did tricks would jump on your shoulder with a hand comand
Rickshaw was Ricky when I got him at the shelter but we changed it to Rickshaw also called him Ricky Tickey Tavey
The above animals were my childhood babies
Then Stripepurrs my daughter named her that I had her for 18 years she was such a good cat
Now I have (or should I say they have me) Asia part Siamese and Rocco wanted to give him a manly name and dh is Italian
Boo-boo bird he got that name because he was such a scaredy bird he is much braver now lol
The bunnies are Guido again Italian Runty he was a runt pretty big now lol Angelina she is our girl bunny
The fish are Fred he is 18 and about a foot and a half long Panda and Thumpy Those are the names of my parents cats we looked after them for a year and missed them so when we got new fish they ended up with those names
Our chickens we have 11 are tipsy and the hazelnuts although most get there own names when we see something markings or what not its fun to name animals