Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Feathery toy ingestion

ancientgirl
October 7th, 2007, 01:49 PM
I was playing with Vlad and Oksansa using this feather ball stringy thing, and Vlad grabbed a chunk of the feathery part and ripped it off. Before I could get to him he'd swallowed it.

Now, I'm trying not to be too nervous since I figure it might wind up being like a hairball and he will extract it either the regular way or the usually way they seem to, from the other end.

Do you guys find this happens with your cats too? I'm guessing these toys are made with these feathers just in case they are chewed up and swallowed. This shouldn't be harmful to him should it?

growler~GateKeeper
October 7th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Duffy would spit it out she would much rather play with it than eat it. She has though swallowed a teeny bit which came out the other end no problems.
How big was the feather he ate? Keep an eye on the litterbox & the floors for the next few days - sometimes it may take 2-3 days to resurface :yuck:

ancientgirl
October 7th, 2007, 04:09 PM
It wasn't a huge piece, and he had no problem swallowing it, the little stinker. I'll keep an eye on the litter box. I've been giving them Laxitone weekly, to help with the hairballs. I've noticed some hairy poops, so hopefully in a couple of days I'll see a poop that looks like a chicken.:yuck: