Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

argh! some people- at the field-angry!

allymack
October 7th, 2007, 10:17 AM
my goodness! some people! i was at the field with about 10 of my friends and their dogs (with enzo of course) and some person comes up to the field with his dog, we all thoguht thats good another dog for our dogs to play with, but before he opened the gate all the dog went to the gate to meet the other dog, the man comes in with his dog ( off leash, just like the rest of us) and lets his dog run, when his little dog got knocked over, he totally freaked out!, i mean if his dog is smaller and is going to be playing with a bunch of dogs that are bigger, you think he might expect his dog to get knocked over, but anyways, they were having fun running around and playing but as soon as his dog got knocked over he put on its leash and wouldnt let it play, he then lectured us on how our dogs were dangerous and they should all be kept on leashes and have them under control, ( not like his dog was under control while he lectured us because it wanted to play) and hen he stormed out of the field and to top it all off, he left the field gate open, we all called our dog back and most of theem came, an the others, decided to follow soon after, but you cant go to a field with 10 dogs and leave the gate open!, those kind of people just make me so mad!, i could have just hit his while he was lecturing us, my goodness! i am just not very happy with him right now!

Winston
October 7th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Allymack! Just remember ...some people are really dense!

Cindy

TMac
October 7th, 2007, 01:34 PM
There are a lot of idiots in this world....sigh. :wall:

allymack
October 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM
oh how true that is!:p

mummummum
October 10th, 2007, 06:07 AM
:fingerscr he finds a dog park that suits his needs. Alot of the folks with small dogs who use one of the parks we go to, arrange "playdates" specifically for themselves if they find their dogs are overwhelmed by the bigger galoots.

On the upside at least he wasn't one of the small dog people whose dogs are absolute holy terrors and have the nerve to get upset when their dogs are put in their place by the other dogs.

Ford Girl
October 10th, 2007, 02:21 PM
We have people at our dog park that carry their small dogs around, while they - the owners jump over puddles or walk around the mud...all the while carrying thier dog around? I dont get it? Why go to the dog park? I even saw a guy wearing white jeans at the dog park, carrying a tiny dog around? :laughing: LMAO!

Some people don't get it, there are dog park "rules" that people should follow.

We were walking the other day in our dog park behind our house, early morning, and we meet up with this couple with 2 goldens, they had coffee mugs, a ball thrower, we thought, oh good, neighbours with goldens, they looked just like us, we had coffee and a ball thrower too, so we let the dogs meet, and I tried to start a conversation - nope, ignored us the whole time, they wouldn't even tell us how old their dogs were, or if they were male or femaile, we got the hint pretty quick, so we kept walking, same direction in silence, THEN...their dogs both poop in the field at the same time, the owners looked at each other, then looked at us, asked for 2 bags, I gave them bags to use, you could tell they were not use to picking up their dogs poo, they were so grossed out, they only picked it up cuz we were they, I'd bet money on it! 1. you dont have bags, 2. you gag and repulse when picking it up? That mkaes me mad, isn't that ythe first rule of thumb at off leash areas - pick up after your dog?

Darin and I just started laughing and turned the other way...nice dogs, not so bright owners.

clm
October 10th, 2007, 03:26 PM
The older I get the less tolerant I am of stupid people. :laughing: I've never been to a dog park for that reason and I'm highly unlikely to ever go to one.

Cindy

allymack
October 10th, 2007, 03:29 PM
yah, i do believe that pocling up after your pet is the first rule, haha, some people! and what was they guy thinking wearing white pants to a dog park...not such a good idea if your park is anything like mine! haha. i dont undestand why some people have to be so rude, the other day on my way to the park i was walking down a path and some one has there dog off leash(didnt even have one with them, which i dont mind if oyu dog stays by your side) and she stops and sits her dog and i do the same with enzo and she yells up the path to me "Is you dog friendly?!" an di go , well some what, he is getting there( because he is with some dogs and not with others, but is improving everysince he got back from a day care) and she goes oh, so that means hes not!, i will just hold back my dog...and i was thinking, well 1. you should have him on a leash if you have to hold him back and 2. mine dog is perfectly fine with otehr dogs off leash, dont be so rude, but enzo and i just walked on by, and he stayed by my side i was like ha perfect, my dog is in control and yours is way out of control (enzo got alot of praise for that, not going after the other dog) but just some people, they are impossible!