Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog Traumatic experience update

casitamex
October 6th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. After crying all morning my vet in Calgary called back. She too was in shock and suggested a pain killer. I frantically searched the web for another Vet in the area. Found one that would see us right away. OMG what a difference. He was in chock and disgusted. It is not standard practice here in Mexico and he refuses to do it when clients ask. Apparently declawing/ cutting back the nail is commune practice for show dogs. The nails may or may not grow back. We will see in the next few months. He prescribed Anti inflammatory /pain killers as well as an antibiotic for the next 6 days. He was very kind and gentle with all of us. I will be going back. I will never leave my babies alone with a groomer again. A terrible lesson learned.

t.pettet
October 6th, 2007, 08:17 PM
He sounds more like a butcher than a groomer. Poor dogs.

Janie123
October 7th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Poor dogs. I took my baby Mitzi to my regular groomer one time and he let a new groomer groom her. She was so cut up and scraped,I was horrified. The groomer was very apologetic. I was so angry and he said from now on,he would groom her. I said,"Oh,so it's ok she does this to other dogs? She needs more practice,Jim,on no living things". I took Mitzi to the vet and he gave me stuff for the cuts and scrapes and a mild pain reliever.
It was good you were an advocate for you dogs. What a horrible thing to go through.:pray::shrug::mad:

hazelrunpack
October 7th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Oh, your poor dogs! I just can't imagine! :grouphug: How would you even know to ask about such a thing!?!?

Thankfully you've now found a caring vet--which is about the only good thing that can be said for the whole ordeal.

I hope your babies recover quickly and the nails grow back! :fingerscr :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
October 7th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I'm glad you found a vet that you can trust. And I'm especially glad you got something to ease their pain.

Cinnabear
October 8th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Poor doggie At least you were able to find another vet on same page as you.

Heres to {{{{{{{{{{fast, speedy and healing vibes}}}}}}}}} for your babe