Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

To Wear Stockings to a wedding?!

poodletalk
October 5th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Next week, I will be going to a BIG Italian wedding.

I made the mistake of telling my mother what I was wearing and said, that I was NOT wearing any stockings with my dress.

She didn't agree with my decision to wear a cocktail dress to the wedding (she thinks I should be wearing a full length dress) and NOT to wear sheer stockigns is one of the worst things I can do.

Right now it's very hot in Montreal...who knows what the weather will be next week.

Do you think I should wear stockings or it will be ok not to wear them?

Frenchy
October 5th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Only went to one italian wedding and it was summer , I was wearing a knee high skirt , no stockings. Franctly , they are so many people at those weddings , whatever you decide to wear , nobody will even notice IMO. So wear what you feel comfy in.

poodletalk
October 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM
My thoughts exactly Frenchy!

breeze
October 5th, 2007, 09:03 PM
IMO, it does not matter what you wear as long as it is not torn or durty cloths :D You should feel comfy so that you can enjoy yourself.... and it is the bride and groom's day so why would it matter.. IMO you showed up didn't you..

I went to a very relious wedding one time I was cover like I should but I did wear socks and sneakers cause there was no way I could wear heels.. not one person said anything, they were just happy I was able to make it.

Love4himies
October 9th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Wear what you are comfortable wearing, I hate stockings and only wear them in winter. People are not going to care if you wear any or not, so you may as well be comfy!