Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pregnant Cat

MoonMage
October 5th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I kinda have a delima. My daughter's cat is pregnant, she is just a little over a yr old. The problem I am having is she is kinda tiny and don't look like she will have more than maybe 3-4 kittens at best. Does anybody know what I need to watch for if she is having trouble trying to have them?

Thanks,

Gretchen

badger
October 5th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I would definitely have her examined by a vet prior to the birth. A good vet would be able to tell you what to expect, and then you keep him or her on speed dial, in case there is a problem.

Love4himies
October 5th, 2007, 01:34 PM
You should take momma in for a vet check up so he/she can become familiar with her pregnancy and perhaps notice anything out of the ordinary. Some vets charge a fee to have them on standby (speed dial) after normal office hours while momma is in labour. If gives the pet owners direct access to the vet immediately. It is a small price to pay should anything happen to momma (and it does happen) during labour, should she need emergency c-section.

Is momma going to get spayed after this so she can't contribute to the already kitty overpopulation? What about poppa getting neutered too?