Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppies abandoned, what to do?

Okami
October 4th, 2007, 06:39 PM
On Sept 29th one of my co-worker found a box of puppies (they're black labs) on the side of the road, someone had just left them there :(. Now she's tried calling almost every rescue group in the area but they're all full and wont take them. She's afraid she'll have to give them up to animal control which means they'll only have 5 days to live before they're put to sleep :(.
She's washed them warmed them, and sprayed them for flee's, but she doesn't have room to keep them. I'd like to keep them myself but I already have too many animals in my house. Is there any other way I could help her out?

Frenchy
October 4th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Hi Okami , I don't know in wich area you live , but do you have any none kill shelter / humane society ? Puppies get adopted very fast , usually.

the gang
October 4th, 2007, 08:40 PM
where do you live????? brenda.

mummummum
October 4th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Maybe you could call rescues that are a little further afield than your immediate area.

TMac
October 5th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Okami,

This sounds like an email plea I have heard before. Did your co-worker send you an email that sounded like this?:

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/puppies.asp (scroll down to lab puppies story)

If this is the same thing, then the puppies have since found homes.