Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bailey was sick today

chico2
October 4th, 2007, 05:20 PM
Today when I went to get her,she seemed a little listless,but still wanted to go for our walk.
She pooped 3 times and then vomitted 4 times..
As we settled down for a smooch in my backyard,she was not at all interested in any treats,very unusual for her,she is totally food-oriented.
She just laid there,sad looking:sad:
The thingy I thought was a Tick,but was not,burst and she was bleeding a lot.
I called the owner at work to tell her Bailey was sick,I hope she is better tomorrow,or if need be,the owner takes her to a vet.
Often times it's very frustrating taking care of a dog that's not yours,noticing things,that if she would be mine,would not be happening:sad:

ancientgirl
October 4th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Poor puppy. I hope they take her(?) to the vet soon. Let us know what's going on when you hear please.

Lukka'sma
October 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM
That's too bad Chico. I would rather take my dog to the vet just in case. Hope Bailey is better real soon.

Frenchy
October 4th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Maybe she got to something in the the garbage again :sad:

I hope they take her to the vet tomorrow :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
October 4th, 2007, 08:46 PM
:grouphug: Poor Bailey and chico! She's lucky she has you to worry about her.

We've got :fingerscr and 32 crossed :pawprint:s here sending healing :goodvibes: Bailey's way.

mummummum
October 4th, 2007, 10:26 PM
:goodvibes: Let us know how Bailey makes out Chico :goodvibes: ~ and try not worry...too much. You can only do what you can do. :o

chico2
October 5th, 2007, 08:02 AM
:pray:she's ok today,we'll see..
I do worry too much,but she's such a good little dog,except for trying to eat anything chewable:yell:
The first piles of throw-ups had something red in it,don't think it was blood,looked like bits of something..
I know dogs/cats get in to things and vomit,usually are fine after a while,I'll just have to see how she is today,if she takes a treat,she's ok:pray:

Love4himies
October 5th, 2007, 08:22 AM
I hope she is OK today, chico. Let us know as soon as you can. :fingerscr for Bailey to be feeling fine today!

luckypenny
October 5th, 2007, 08:51 AM
You're an :angel: for caring so much for Bailey. I'm glad she has such a friend in you. :fingerscr that she's better today.

chico2
October 5th, 2007, 02:53 PM
She was fine today:thumbs upso we went for a longer walk,after she gobbled up the treats:dog:
Here she is from today,needs a trim,she's not as fat as she looks:laughing:

breeze
October 5th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I'm glad that she is ok today, they sure scare us from time to time..they too can off days like we do..or an upset tummy,or just a craby day..:rolleyes:

I love the pictures

ancientgirl
October 5th, 2007, 03:02 PM
I'm glad she's okay. Maybe she just had a bug or ate a bug.

Love4himies
October 5th, 2007, 03:26 PM
:thumbs up for Bailey!

krdahmer
October 6th, 2007, 11:19 AM
aw... she's a sweetheart, I couldn't help caring for her too Chico. She's very lucky to have you!

Frenchy
October 6th, 2007, 03:29 PM
You bet that Bailey is lucky to have Chico2 and her hubby as neighbors ! :thumbs up thanks for the pics , she is too cute , I love her freckled nose. :lovestruck: I'm glad she's feeling better.

chico2
October 6th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Well girls,it's true she is a sweetheart,all she wants is cuddles and treats,it's going on 3 years now,that we've been walking her,am I attached,you bet:lovestruck:and that can be difficult at times:dog:

hazelrunpack
October 6th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Bailey sure is cute, chico. :lovestruck: I'm glad she's feeling better today.

Did you ever figure out what that thing was on her face? Did it stop bleeding now?

chico2
October 7th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Hazel,I talked to the owner and all she said was that it was not a Tick.
It stopped bleeding after a while,it looked just like a Tick,I have no idea what it is...it's filled up with blood(or something) again:confused:
It seems to be itchy,as are her ears:shrug: