Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Did my puppy eat the paper cutter blade????

SaraGeorge
October 4th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Ahhhh, so worried.
I came home for lunch and found chewed up craft paper cutter and can't find the small blade from it. She doesn't really eat things, she just destroys my stuff. My husband thinks that he took out the small blade from the paper cutter.

She is eating fine, playing good, just happy little puppy herself. I called my vet and he said I can bring her in for a photographic xray to ease my mind. But very Costy!!!!!

If she swallowed the small blade would she be in a lot of pain? or being lethargic?

I like to believe that she didn't eat the blade, no symptoms yet, it has been almost 5 hours or so....

Is there any signs I should look for?

Jim Hall
October 4th, 2007, 02:39 PM
lets think about this razor sharp blade in a digestive system
I think the x ray may be a great idea because if she swalloed it its gonna be real expensive later on Not to mention possibly fatal,

bendyfoot
October 4th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Oh boy, cripes. Yikes.

If I were you, and I had completely and totally scoured every last possible hidey-hole that blade might be in, and still not found it, I'd be galloping my puppy's rotten little butt to the vet's for those x-rays and then beat him a little later for scaring the pants off me regardless of what the x-rays showed.

Ok, I didn't really mean it about the beating part, but I did mean the rest of it. Look EVERYWHERE, and if you can't find it, assume the worst. Tubes get smaller, not bigger in the digestive tract, and Jim's right it could get worse before it gets better.

jiorji
October 4th, 2007, 03:08 PM
yes Jim...let us think about a sharp blade....hmm.....

1. your puppy's mouth would probably be bleeding if the blade was eaten..
2. i'd be kicking myself for leaving stuff like that around on route to emergency vet for xrays
3. ...what are you still doing here posting instead of being at emergency?!?!?:eek:

SaraGeorge
October 4th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Phew....
Thank you so much everyone! My husband found the BLADE!!!!! YAY!!!!
Yes I am kicking myself very hard for being not so careful, but the cutter was out of her reach - very high above, my little puppy Sara actually uses one of our chair to get to things. She is very smart and sweet but she is going through this trouble age right now.

I am so relived, my GOD!!!!! She is ok!!!!

Thank you all so much again.

bendyfoot
October 4th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Glad to hear no xrays or beatings were required!:thumbs up

They're such BRATS, aren't they? (Ours chewed up a chequebook, a bag of clothespins, a pillow's stuffing, and an aluminum can in the past week, sigh:rolleyes:)

Jim Hall
October 4th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Im glad you found it outside of the doggie lol

Amzing how much trouble a pup can get into

I apologise if I was less than polite, it scared the whee out of me too.

mummummum
October 4th, 2007, 10:31 PM
She is very smart and sweet but she is going through this trouble age right now.

Yeah...that "trouble age" lasts for a few years though :laughing:

Now that you've had a good scare ~ it's time to TOTALLY puppy-proof the ENTIRE house right?! :thumbs up