Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can my kitten be pregnant??

LolasNewMommy
May 24th, 2004, 06:12 PM
I have a female calico kitten that someone gave me. She is 6 months old and I am now wondering if she might possibly be pregnant. Her tummy looks bigger than it should be and her nipples are sticking out more than I think they are supposed to. I am just wondering if it is possible for a 6 month old kitten to be pregnant?? :confused: I am planning on taking her to the vet very soon and having her spayed ASAP, but I am just wondering if it is too late this time around. :eek: Thanks for your help. :)

doberescue
May 24th, 2004, 07:25 PM
yup, awful as it is for such a baby, she definatly can be pregnant. you can still take her to the vet and have her spayed.

Lucky Rescue
May 24th, 2004, 09:59 PM
She certainly sounds pregnant, and 6 months old is quite old enough.

It's very difficult to tell how advanced a pregnancy is with cats, but if her belly is big, she is probably quite far along. How long have you had her? Did you let her out since you got her?

Luba
May 24th, 2004, 10:26 PM
If you haven't let her outside unsupervised since you got her, I would be calling the person you got her from and asking some questions.

:rolleyes:

Lucky Rescue
May 24th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Haha, Luba - I wish I had a dollar for everyone who who swears "I never let her out, she can't be preg." Immaculate conception, maybe?

Karin
May 24th, 2004, 11:10 PM
Are you sure she is only 6 months old? Just curious....