Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mom needs help

Dadster
October 4th, 2007, 08:30 AM
OK Where to start... Please note, I wasn't close to my step dad however he passed away early this morning. It was not unexpected which gave them, my mom and him, time to say good-bye. They live in Hambleton, a little town in W. Va. About 30 miles east of Elkins. In this small town my mother started taking in stray animals. Cats and dogs. Word got around that they were a soft touch and people started dropping off unwanted pets anywhere in town knowing the animal would eventually end up rescued by this old couple. So on a limited income they ended up with many pets most of which are cats. They paid out of their own pocket to get them all spayed or neutered and medicine for the sick ones. Now moms' partner is gone and at 77 she's not in the best of health, she must take care of these animals they both loved alone. What I'd like to do is help her find loving homes for these critters. There are around 20 cats and a couple dogs. All are well taken care of right now but I live 275 miles away and can't get down often enough to physically help clean cat boxes and feed them. So I am asking if anyone can steer me in the direction of getting her some help.

Don't mean to post such a somber subject but I'm scrambling to find a solution to her problem any way I can. I have also posted on other pet forums.

Thanks Bill

chico2
October 4th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Bill,I am not able to offer any help,maybe someone else can:confused:
It's a very sad situation,but I hope there will be a good outcome both for your mom and the cats:pray:

want4rain
October 4th, 2007, 08:41 AM
hey Bill, im really not far from you (compared to some i suppose LOL!!!) here in NC. i have to run out for a bit but i will see if i cant cook something up, do some foot work for you, when i get back.

-ashley

kiara
October 4th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Sorry, I am not from your area, but I have some suggestions. Why doesn't she call the local newspaper who can write an article about her rescue work in the past! Once the public finds out about her needs now, many people will surely respond. Good luck to her and bless them both for their big hearts! There surely aren't enough people like them!