Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

no pee for a day

Jim Hall
October 3rd, 2007, 05:35 PM
i am little worried about my girl cat down under she seems very lethargic, and althought she ahs eaten some today not a real lot and she hasnt peed to day at all. She came over to me before and when i went to give her a ear rub she gave me a bat! That hasnt happened in weeks !
her eyes seem fine and she dosnt seem to be in pain but jusy now had a nibble of food and scooted back under the tv table whoich is her safe place.

I think i will call the vet tomorrow

mummummum
October 3rd, 2007, 07:52 PM
Is she going to the litterbox at all Jim as in trying to pee but can't? Can you get a kleenex under her and wipe her whizzer to see if there's any residue or staining? I know cats aren't big on water but is she drinking at all? If you think she'll let you stick you finger in her mouth to press on her gums, you might want to check her for dehydration. Has she pooped? Any gas? Any gurgly belly sounds? Runny nose or eyes? I know it's tough to do the usual symptom checks since she's so skittish.

I hope it's just a 24 hour thing. :fingerscr

Jim Hall
October 3rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
no runny eyes or nose she just had a bite to eat and took a whizz

she keeps gong to her safe place though and usually stays out to play and hang out. as for as sticking my finger in her mouth lol i dont even want to think abbout that .

Maybe its because its a bit hot and muggy . :shrug:

hazelrunpack
October 3rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
I hope the little darling is okay, Jim :fingerscr

Jim Hall
October 3rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
I think shes ok maybe just having a bad day if she not her usual self tomorrow ill get her to the vet

thank you hazel and mummm you guys are the best!!1

hazelrunpack
October 3rd, 2007, 08:08 PM
:fingerscr Maybe it is just the heat and humidity. hazel doesn't want to pee or eat when it's hot, either. :p

Winston
October 3rd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Hey Jim..I bet DU just had an off day! My 2 have been like that!~ It takes some time...but when she trusts you ! look out! she will be your best friend!

Cindy

mummummum
October 3rd, 2007, 10:23 PM
...she just had a bite to eat and took a whizz

That must be a relief (I know, I know very punny :rolleyes:)

Maybe its because its a bit hot and muggy . :shrug:

I'll bet that's what it is ~ I know my gang gets almost comatose in the heat.

I discovered a great trick for cooling your house / apartment down. If you have tabletop (or window fans), place them at the window but turn them around so they are blowing the inside air out the window. Works like a charm!

Jim Hall
October 3rd, 2007, 10:30 PM
I ran the AC for a while and DU came out took a poop and is now chasing the lazer up the walls lol so was ust jimmy overeactijng agian

thank again to all of you for your concern and caring

growler~GateKeeper
October 3rd, 2007, 10:35 PM
glad to hear it was nothing serious, but keep an eye on it anyways :)

krdahmer
October 3rd, 2007, 11:33 PM
I know my crew get the blahs when its really hot, our window unit just doesn't cut it some days. And sometimes the poopers are full to the hilt here and other days only half a bag. Depends on whats going in I guess. When its warm and muggy they tend to laze around more and eat and drink less. Ergo less litter box visits. Glad she perked up at cooling off! :thumbs up

rainbow
October 3rd, 2007, 11:58 PM
Glad DU is back to normal :thumbs up ....hope it's cooler for her tomorrow. :fingerscr