Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on Amber

JanM
October 3rd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Well, after Amber's last "Bad Dog Day", I'm finally starting to feel a bit better about things. She went after a dog yesterday - it ran past us and she just took off after it. There was a very brief scuffle and, when I yelled at her, she lay down. I kept her on leash for the rest of our walk.

Today I had Amber on a 30' leash. I was thinking she could just drag the leash and if she started to bolt, I'd be able to step on it in time - but that dog is so darn smart - she knew it was on and was so very good!

I unleashed her and the fellow with the 3 dogs she went after the other day came by - Amber was excellent! She greeted each dog then ignored them. Later, still off-leash she started to run after one of them and she stopped on the "No" command. Later yet she got mixed in with their group and didn't even growl. For the rest of our walk, I leashed and unleashed her just as a reminder but we didn't meet any new people or dogs.

It's onward and upward for Amber and I :D

allymack
October 3rd, 2007, 05:42 PM
thats good to hear!:thumbs up the onning and the offing of the leash was a good idea. i am sure she will continue to get better again over time, its just the time that she isnt behaving thats the hard part (i know how you feel!!!!) but keep up the good work :)

TMac
October 3rd, 2007, 07:52 PM
Later, still off-leash she started to run after one of them and she stopped on the "No" command.

WOW!! That is some good control!! She is showing that she's listening....something VERY hard for our reactive dogs to do when in full flight!! Congrats and enjoy one of the good days!! :thumbs up

TeriM
October 11th, 2007, 02:28 AM
Great news :thumbs up. Keep up the good work :).