Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Logans Run

rainbow
October 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM
I usually put Logan in the bedroom when I take Chase for his rehab walk but hubby was outside so I left Logan in the back yard. I didn't tell hubby and Logan watched Chase and I through the fence when we left. When hubby went to go through the gate Logan bolted past him and down the road in my direction.

Hubby called him several times, he started back then changed his mind but ran in a different direction. Hubby could still see him and kept calling and Logan finally headed towards home. As soon as he got to the front yard he changed his mind again and ran through the neighbours and over the bank heading towards the river with hubby in pursuit. He must have tired himself out as he came flying back up the bank and into the yard.

When Chase and I got home (we'd been gone about 20-25 min.) hubby said "Why didn't you tell me you left Logan in the backyard?" Of course, my heart sank until he said "Don't worry - he's here" and proceeded to tell me what happened. Hubby could hardly talk he was so hoarse from calling after Logan. The neighbour said "Wow, I've never seen a dog run so fast".

Logans sleeping now. :D

dmc123
October 2nd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah, Logan is asleep while you and your hubby's hearts are still racing, if you are like me... :(

Simon did that not too long ago - scared us so bad! He slipped out when my dad was going out of the gate- whoosh he went - skipping and jumping. He was caught down the block - whew!

I hate when they do that, don't they know they have it made? lol

Glad Logan is home and all is well.

Diane

hazelrunpack
October 2nd, 2007, 07:42 PM
Logan just needed some really zoomy exercise cuz he's been so good about not playing with his buddy, Chase, for so long. Now he's gotten it out of his system, I'm sure he'll be a very well-behaved boy again till tomorrow :dog:

Scary, though! :eek: Glad he made it back from his adventure safely! whew!

breeze
October 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM
That is sooo scary.. I am glad he is back home save and sound..

guess he just had to get it out of his system, He has been so good while chase is in recovery. just don't know if you should get mad at him or just hug him to death for being safe..........my vote is for extra hugs that he is safe

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
:eek: I'm glad he is back home. :thumbs up

Been thru this a couple of times with foster Lilly last year :yell:

luckypenny
October 3rd, 2007, 12:31 AM
Well, at least he knew enough to come back home, whew. Lucky took off twice last Spring. Once when hubby fell asleep and the dogs were in the yard. I didn't know that he could squeeze through the gate :o. Needless to say, a new gate + new fencing has been installed. The second time, my older son didn't shut the front door properly. I never noticed he was even gone until I passed the front window and saw him napping in the middle of the lawn. I thought, "OMG, what a good dog, he didn't take off!" until later in the evening a neighbor informed me he saw Lucky going for a walk ten blocks away from here :eek:. He had taken our usual walking route and came right back home. Although I was so incredibly relieved, I took all the necessary precautions that it doesn't ever happen again. Now the boys, as well as hubby :rolleyes:, are severely reprimanded if they should even think about letting the dogs out in the yard unsupervised. The front door has a lock at the top of it, and if the boys don't shut and lock the door each time they come in, they don't get to choose their punishment :evil:. And it's been successful ever since!

rainbow
October 3rd, 2007, 12:36 AM
Well my heartrate is now back to normal. :rolleyes: Hubby kept telling him he was a bad boy but I said no, he's a good boy and I won in the end as hubby finally agreed. :D As most of you know, Logan is a siberian husky and they are notorious for not coming back when they get loose. Logan has gotten loose before but never gone on a run like this through the neighbourhood. I was really impressed that he came back so fast even though his original intention was to find Mom and Chase. :rolleyes: Actually, I guess you could say I was pretty proud of him. :o

rainbow
October 3rd, 2007, 12:44 AM
LP, I guess I was still typing when you replied. So Lucky has made your heart race a few times too. :D Glad to hear you've been as lucky as me in getting him home safely. :thumbs up Hubby and I have no one to blame but ourselves for the times Logan has gotten loose. You would think that at our age we would know better. :o

luckypenny
October 3rd, 2007, 12:50 AM
I have to admit, I was extremely proud of Lucky too :o :angel:. But when I think of what could have happened to him :eek:.

I know accidents happen. But I think I scared everyone here with my threats if they should be so careless again and they know I always follow through :D.

growler~GateKeeper
October 3rd, 2007, 12:55 AM
:D That's a Sibe for ya ;)

Glad Logan came back (albeit in his own sweet time :rolleyes:) atleast the recall is partially working - he was going to return when called unhurt <phew>, tuckered out :sleepy: & happy :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Anytime Nikki got out the front she would zig zag up & down the block across the road :eek: through peoples' backyard - the FIRST thing we would do is grab the ice cream bucket of kibbles, then call her rattling the bucket otherwise it would've been futile just calling :o. Nisku was a home grrl wouldn't take off when presented the opportunity except once (or twice) when we first got her & the BOTH of them took off through the front gate they raced to the end of the block & came back.

Rainbow you need a camera so you can get shots like this one :D

This was an "oops someone dropped the leash" in my uncles' snow covered field Nikki gave it her all & came back when she was done with the zoomies with a "I came back aren't I good" look on her face. The area was 3 large fields connected but entirely fenced. She was in her glory :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
October 3rd, 2007, 12:56 AM
And Lucky's such a good boy for coming home for a sunny front yard nap after taking himself for a walk :cloud9: :D

rainbow
October 3rd, 2007, 01:06 AM
I have to admit, I was extremely proud of Lucky too :o :angel:. But when I think of what could have happened to him :eek:.

I know accidents happen. But I think I scared everyone here with my threats if they should be so careless again and they know I always follow through :D.

At my house I'd have to threaten myself too and if I threatened hubby I'd just get this look....:rolleyes:

rainbow
October 3rd, 2007, 01:13 AM
Cool pic of Nikki. :cool: :lovestruck:

I'd love to have three fields fenced for Logan. We have almost 1/2 an acre and the back yard is completely fenced. When we're out there I can usually get him to run by saying "go fast" and then he'll fly around the yard. :o

Rainbow you need a camera so you can get shots like this one

From what hubby and the neighbour described the pictures would have just been a blur. :D

growler~GateKeeper
October 3rd, 2007, 01:17 AM
well that pic she was running through @ least 4-6ft feet of snow, so you could get one like it in winter :D

Nikki had a Rough Collie friend "Gracie" who lived next door, when she came over it was constant zoomies around the yard :D (standard size city lot)

mummummum
October 3rd, 2007, 09:26 PM
You don't need to go to the gym Rainbow ~ you get all the cardio you need just by having the :eek: scared out of you !

Phew! What a good boy Logan is for coming home :highfive: