Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

hello, I just joined

zelzou
October 2nd, 2007, 01:07 PM
Hello Everyone,
I just joined and am happy to have found this group. I presently have a cat - the most loving cat I have ever met- which I saved from the SPCA (he is all black and was eight years old when I saved him). I am now looking for a dog - and am interested in Ben-I will be moving to Ottawa and will be living alone and so want to have a dog to walk, to keep me company, play with, care for and love. I will be living in an upper duplex so the dog will need to not have seperation anxiety. And of course he/she must like cats and children! I have had dogs before and my last one passed away just over a year ago :sad:- he was 12 years old.

I have contacted two rescue orgs in Montreal and filled in the forms to appy for a dog. Although, on their sites they have many dogs (even ones that like cats and children and don't have seperation anxiety) they have not responded. They haven't even contacted my references. So, I have decided to look for a dog friend through other avenues. If anyone has ideas let me know.
Zelzou

Misery's company
October 2nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
Welcome! Good luck in your search!

hazelrunpack
October 2nd, 2007, 01:45 PM
Welcome to the board, zelzou!

We'd love to see pics of your kitty and, of course, your new addition when you find him or her. :D What kinds of dogs have you had in the past?

zelzou
October 2nd, 2007, 02:37 PM
Hi,
Thanks for asking about my pets!
I have included photos below.
This is Xam. He passed away just over a year ago. It broke our hearts as he passed away within a week of becoming ill. Too Soon!
The next picture is of Xam as a puppy with Max our first cat. Max was a tough guy! He passed away from cancer at the age of twelve. He was tough right until the end.
The next picture is Tim, our beautiful boy. We rescued him from the SPCA- they weren't going to put him up for adoption because of his age (8 years old at the time, he is 13 years old now). He loves to hug us and have us dance slowly while holding him. This picture was taken in Botswana - where we were for a year with both Tim and Xam.

hazelrunpack
October 2nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
They look like sweethearts! Xam looks so dignified with his rawhide. :dog:

He and Max sound like they were very well loved and I'm sorry for your loss. :grouphug: Tim is very lucky to have found you. Does he miss Xam?

Botswana! Xam and Tim were well-traveled! :D

Thanks for sharing your furbabies with us!

chico2
October 2nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
Welcome to our Forum,I too am sorry about Xam and Max,they look like such sweet animals.:rip:
The new little guy is adorable and very lucky you came around:thumbs up
I saw you were inquiring about Ben,maybe he would be a good match for you,who knows? Good Luck!