Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Oksana's butt looks a little irritated

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2007, 06:37 PM
Oksana's little butt looks a bit irritated. I thought she had some litter on her butt, but it looks more like dry skin around her little hiney.

I have some animax cream from when she cut her leg. I was thinking of putting some of that on her butt. I figure if it was good enough to put on a cut it should help her on her butt, and if she licks it off it can't harm her.

I'm speaking to the vet, hopefully, tomorrow about her parasite problem, but do you guys think the animax would be okay to use for tonight? I'll mention the butt tomorrow, but I'd like to give her a bit of relief tonight.

aylith417
October 1st, 2007, 06:47 PM
It sounds like your kitty just needs to go to the vet. If she has had this problem for a few days now, one night isn't going to hurt her. If you're really worried about it, find an emergency vet in your area to take her to. Most don't require appointments, and you do pay a little more, but it's worth the reassurance of your baby being seen. As to the cream you have, she more than likely needs antibiotics for an infection, possibly fungal, but unless it's an anti-inflamtatory, it probably won't help her. The tissue around her anus is really, really sensitive, and it's not a good area to experiment medicinally with.

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM
She's already on antibiotics. I took her on Saturday because she hadn't been eating and her tummy was a little bloated. The fecal test showed some parasite so they gave me some antibiotics for that and something for the gas trouble. But this evening, I noticed her butt looked a bit dry and flaky and wondered if she might be irritated by it.

I'll wait to talk to their regular vet tomorrow. She wasn't able to see her on Saturday, but I wanted to talk to her about why she keeps getting these problems. I'll ask her if she can suggest what I can put on her butt then and not use the Animax tonight.

Thanks for answering.

krdahmer
October 2nd, 2007, 12:15 PM
The dry skin may just be from her over licking the area because of the parasite... I wouldn't worry too much it may just fix itself once the parasite is gone.

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2007, 12:43 PM
It did look a little better today, but her belly is still a bit swollen. I left word for their regular vet to call me. If I don't hear from her soon I'll call back. She might be busy, but I'd like to talk to her about her problem with getting these all the time.

krdahmer
October 2nd, 2007, 06:10 PM
Ya I imagine there might be some sort of additive or holistic thing you could add to her food to help boost her protection against the parasites. :shrug:

ancientgirl
October 2nd, 2007, 06:18 PM
I hope so. I hate having to keep giving her antibiotics and having to put her through the stress of going to the vet all the time.