Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

3 in a double bed?

Ford Girl
October 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM
We went camping this weekend and it was pretty cold!! We have a tent trailer, we sleep on one side, she sleeps on the other - usually. Saturday night I go to bed about an hour before my husband, turned the heaters on (we dont leave them running while we are not in it) when I got in the trailer Dazy had burrowed herself in to her blanket and was in the smallest ball she could possible make....I assumed she was chilly, her fur was a bit cool, but wasn't shivering - I've never seen her cold, ever.

So I covered her up with a few of her blankets, she didn't wake up, just relaxed a bit, I crawled in to bed, not 2 seconds later she was beside me looking up at me, those eyes....those eyes....I lifted the sleeping bag, she jumped right up, went way to the bottom, back up to the pillow and laid down like a human would. Let out a huge content moan and started snoring. Apparently she was cold, cuz once she got in she relaxed. In comes my DH an hour later, lifts the sleeping bag up and says make room for me. :laughing:

So there we were, Dazy, me in the middle, DH on the edge, spooning on a double size trailer bed, we slept intill about 10am like that!!! It was some warm once we all got in!! :clown: Normally I wouldn't let her sleep with us, but it was cold!!!

TMac
October 1st, 2007, 02:52 PM
Heee! Its amazing how a big dog can be a good heat source when snuggled up next to her humans!!! :cloud9:

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2007, 07:05 PM
Aww, that's cute! My two sleep on the bed with me, and you wouldn't think that a 10 pound kitty or a 6 pound kitty give off a lot of heat, but when they get up the amount of heat radiating from that spot is amazing.

Frenchy
October 1st, 2007, 08:22 PM
Normally I wouldn't let her sleep with us, but it was cold!!!

Well you wouldn't want her to catch a cold :rolleyes:

It sounds sooo comfy :cloud9:

JanM
October 2nd, 2007, 08:53 AM
Aww - ever neat!

rainbow
October 2nd, 2007, 05:22 PM
Awww....that was so cute. :cloud9:

Love4himies
October 3rd, 2007, 08:17 AM
Aww, how cozy, them Alberta nights can get some chilley!

mummummum
October 3rd, 2007, 08:33 PM
Now that's something you wish you could have a picture of !

TeriM
October 4th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Sounds like many nights camping with our Lucy :lovestruck:. You could always tell how cold the night was by where she ended up sleeping :laughing:. If it was really cold then she sandwiched her way in between the two of us and then panted in my face until I opened up my sleeping bag enough for her to snuggle in :cloud9:.