Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Times are changing

Frenchy
October 1st, 2007, 12:02 PM
We hear a lot about abandonned / abused animals. But I think that some things are changing for the best. 2 years ago , I fostered Sam (yes , my Sam) he was 8 yr old at the time , had to be shaved , was overweight .... nobody called me to adopt him , after 3 months , I decided to adopt him myself , getting too attach to him anyway. I tought the same thing would happen to my foster Ben , and other older fosters I had this year. Like some of you know , Molly was adopted very quickly by otter. Then there was Paco , same thing. Now with Ben , I already have 3 people interested in him , only been up on our website since last Thursday. So yes , times are changing for the better , people , now , are more incline to adopt older dogs , and I tought I would talk about it here , good news are always nice to hear ! :thumbs up

Wooohooo for older rescues !!! :thumbs up

mastifflover
October 1st, 2007, 12:05 PM
I love hearing that. I guess the secret is out older dogs are the best rescues.

Ford Girl
October 1st, 2007, 12:33 PM
It's people like you Frency who help spread the word about older dogs, recues, shelters and how to be a better owner. Without people like you there would be no forward progress! :thumbs up

That goes for all of you who spend time educating people and helping animals find new homes! My hats off to you!
:highfive:

Love4himies
October 1st, 2007, 12:49 PM
Yes, it is thanks to those who are educating people that older animals make great pets, especially for those who do not want to go through the kitten/puppy stages, but would like to have a pet.

JanM
October 1st, 2007, 01:33 PM
Good news like that is always welcome - and I agree, it's people like you who spread the word and help educate people. Good for you!:angel:

krdahmer
October 2nd, 2007, 12:30 PM
I noticed the same thing last year when I had some older cat rescues too, two were adopted same day I took them in to petsmart and one stayed a month or so, but they all found good homes. I think forums like this are in part to blame in a good way of course. I know that from learning things here over the last couple years and getting involved myself with a rescue, not only have I matured and learned things, but I am more than happy, (pushy sometimes) at spreading that knowledge to others. That is the way things change, slowly but surely, one person at a time.

I think we should all be proud, not only do we have the desire to do better for our own pets, but we can inspire others to do the same. And the compassion grows evermore...:grouphug::highfive: (I have to say that it is some of you that my kitties can thank for their cushy lifestyle!!)

Frenchy
October 2nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
but I am more than happy, (pushy sometimes) at spreading that knowledge to others.

:laughing: Me too , I just go on and on and on sometimes :laughing:

erykah1310
October 2nd, 2007, 08:18 PM
I think people are realizing that older dogs have SO much to give even if its just for a short period of time.
I truely love older dogs, its almost that you can see the wisdom in their eyes.
That and they are so content with just sitting with you for a good ol rub down and kind words.
I'm glad people are catching on.

CyberKitten
October 2nd, 2007, 09:29 PM
Awwwwwwww!! I needed a happy story today! Thanks Frenchy!!! :thumbs up

mummummum
October 3rd, 2007, 08:37 PM
That's great news ~ keep spreading the word! Since I adopted Declan two years ago, I've become a total convert in favour of older dawgs. :lovestruck:

TeriM
October 4th, 2007, 02:12 AM
It's people like you Frenchy who help spread the word about older dogs, recues, shelters and how to be a better owner. Without people like you there would be no forward progress! :thumbs up

That goes for all of you who spend time educating people and helping animals find new homes! My hats off to you!
:highfive:

I totally agree :thumbs up.