Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Question about kitty teeth

ancientgirl
September 30th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I've noticed that you can see Vlad's teeth even though his mouth is closed. I have a picture so you can all see.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad/044.jpg

Do you all have any cats that have their teeth like this? I'm now just wondering if maybe that will irritate his lips at some point.

Stacer
September 30th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I can see both my cat's pointy teeth sticking below their lip when their mouths are closed, I think it's normal.

ancientgirl
September 30th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks for answering! Oksana's teeth don't do that and I've never seen any pictures of other cats like that, so I was wondering if it was something I needed to worry about. LOL, as if I don't worry enough about them.

want4rain
September 30th, 2007, 07:43 PM
testament to his hunting skills?

-ash

Dracko
September 30th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Some of my cats are like that but not all. I think it's normal, too. Just differences in cats.

Love4himies
October 1st, 2007, 06:23 AM
I have seen cats that are like this, think it is normal.

chico2
October 1st, 2007, 07:17 AM
My black kitty Chico's teeth are always showing a little like that,he thinks it makes him look dangerous:laughing:

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2007, 08:13 AM
LOL, thanks guys. I actually think he looks kind of cute. Like a little kitty vampire.

krdahmer
October 1st, 2007, 11:25 AM
:laughing: Kitty vampire.... that IS what they look like. And ya all of mine have that where they stick down below the lip a little. Its because the top canines are longer than the bottom teeth I think.

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2007, 11:33 AM
It's good to know its normal. I just wasn't sure if I should say something to the vet or not. LOL, he is taking my email literally, because my main email is kittyvamps, and I have an online ID on ebay called black kitty vamps.