Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How Smart Are You?

rainbow
September 30th, 2007, 12:52 AM
I already knew I was dumber than the fifth graders.....now it's the preschoolers turn to test me.

A PRE-SCHOOL TEST FOR YOU

Which way is the bus below traveling?
To the left or to the right?

Can't make up your mind?
Look carefully at the picture again.

Still don't know?

I'll give you the answer later.

Lukka'sma
September 30th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I'm gonna say the bus is not traveling, rather standing still, but I could be wrong.

want4rain
September 30th, 2007, 12:03 PM
HAHAHA

i think if i saw a bus more often, id have half a chance of coming up with the right answer. as is... we dont have a public bus system. i was so wrong!

-ashley

CyberKitten
September 30th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I'd have to say it is travelling to the left - where is the door? You cannot see the door in this pict so it must be on the other side, ergo, the bus is going left. The door is on the right at the front, no? Do they actually ask kids this? I bet they get it right, rofl (I am prob wrong now, heheh) Granted, one cannot see the bus driver either, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Of course if the bus in in Ireland - we are assuming it's in North America, right. lol

mummummum
September 30th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Unless of course it's a bus in Europe ! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
September 30th, 2007, 07:33 PM
The bus is not traveling left or right. It is traveling away from you - that's the back end :D except the wheels are wrong :shrug:

rainbow
September 30th, 2007, 07:39 PM
CK has the right answer. :highfive:

Pre-schoolers all over the United States were shown this picture and asked the same question. And 90% of the pre-schooler's gave this answer:

"The bus is traveling to the left."

When asked, "Why do you think the bus is traveling to the left?"

They answered:

"Because you can't see the door to get on the bus."

Longblades
October 1st, 2007, 09:35 AM
Well I didn't get it. Can I plead that I haven't been on a bus in years? Decades even?

Nope, guess not. DH just solved it.

CyberKitten
October 1st, 2007, 08:40 PM
I showed it to several of my patients (all under 7) Each one of them got it, faster than me, lol