Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another bad weekend

clm
September 29th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Well, woke up Thursday morning with the tell tale signs of a bad chest cold. :sick: Went to work, did a couple of essential things and came home and slept for the rest of the day. Deathly ill by evening. Couldn't stay awake for more than 15 minutes at a time. Thank goodness the puppies and the cats were well behaved. Friday, I was worse. Lucky to stay awake for more than 5 minutes at a crack. Hubby got home late from work, with 2 IV holes, one in each arm :eek: Apparently he had a kidney stone attack about 11:00 in the morning and spend the rest of the day at Scarboro general getting xrays and medication. He's ok, but until he passes the stone, he's dependent on the medication every time the stone moves he's in excruciating pain. I hadn't eaten since Thursday morning and he wasn't feeling much like eating either, made some soup, we both had a couple of mouth fulls and called it a night. Again the puppies and the cats have been wonderful. Been all I can do just to feed them all let alone entertain them.
We went shopping today, only for a couple of hours, but we were beat by the time we got home. At least I can stay awake for 3 or 4 hours at a crack now. Spent most of the evening out in the garden with the pups. They love this cooler weather. Neither one of us are good enough to take them out for their walks again yet, but they're pretty tired tonight regardless. Sleeping like little stones at the moment. :sleepy: Hubby has gone to bed, we had dinner, but neither one of us ate much, this is a good diet if nothing else. I sure hope he doesn't get the cold after his bout with the kidney stone.

Cindy

Lukka'sma
September 29th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Having both of you down for the count is tough. Glad the kids are taking it in stride. Hope both of you are back on your feet in no time. Take care

rainbow
September 30th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Sorry to hear about you and hubby. :grouphug: Hope you are both feeling better soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes: It's amazing how our pets somehow know that we are not feeling well. :angel: Maybe they will make up for it when you're 100% again. :evil:

krdahmer
September 30th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Hope you both feel better soon!

mummummum
September 30th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Awww clm ~ apparently it's going around, a few people in my office are suffering. I spent a day in bed two weeks ago with intense body aches, pain and fever ~ thankfully I never came down with the whole shebang but, if it's anything like I felt ~ :grouphug::sick::grouphug:

clm
September 30th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks everyone. I was hoping to feel a whole lot better by today, but I'm not :laughing: I was hoping that I could win the football pool this week and make myself feel even better, but after just seeing the scores, that isn't going to happen either. :laughing:
It can't last forever and it's back to work tomorrow:sad:
At least I know I won't have the worst of it for the long weekend coming up anyway.

Cindy

Frenchy
September 30th, 2007, 07:50 PM
So sorry about your week end clm :sick:

What good little puppies they are , to let their parents recover !