Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ITCHY cat!

Puss'FavPerson
September 29th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Anybody have any home remedies to help a cat with serious itch due to healing incisions, shaved surgery area?

Her bandages came off today, and her skin is literally "crawling", and of course, she's found the ends of the stitches to work at. The vet is not available til Monday. I called her emerg line today and she thought that even if Puss manages to get the outer stitches undone, she's well enough along that the inner ones will hold everything together. Itchiness wasn't even mentioned.

Any advice?

krdahmer
September 29th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Hypericum is supposed to help with crawling and itchy skin.... I use it here mixed with some other stuff for skin issues. You can mix it with water and administer it by syringe. You should be able to get it at a health food store.

Puss'FavPerson
September 30th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Thank you! I've seen that mentioned in some other postings. The health food place should have instructions for how to use it, I hope!

krdahmer
September 30th, 2007, 10:46 AM
It usually has a dropper and I use a half dropper to 2 tbsp water (has to be filtered or reverse osmosis, no spring water or tap water). And give a syringe 2-3 times a day. (they are the smaller syringes) Those were the instructions from my vet as the bottles usually only have people instructions usually.