Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bill C-22

Bill & Bob
May 23rd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Well, if you haven't heard it yet.....Our lovely Senate just allowed Bill C22, Animal Cruelty ammendment legislation to die on the table, yet again. (Along with the pot decriminalization law damnit!).

This legislation hasn't been updated since 1892!!!!!! This was passed when people got around on horse and buggy for gods sake! Anyhoo, I guess it passed the house of parliament with support from almost everyone, but the senate just didn't bother passing it before they were out for the summer. They even took a break, during which they could have passed it easily, two weeks before they took their big break for the summer.

Canadian politics sucks.

melanie
May 23rd, 2004, 06:36 PM
ah stupid politicians, but you must remember they were probably born in the 1800's and made that law in the first place, the blood sucking *******s will be dead in a thousand years or so, so it wont be such a long wait, sheesh, have a little patience bill, for the love of god, man (shake my head in dismay)... and as for decriminalisation, ha, join the bloody cue matey, but you could live in 2 states of the great land of OZ where it is decriminalised so get packing sunnyjim :p :p :p ps
you can just leave bob with us on the board we could take turns at cuddling him, he would just love it :D

Luba
May 23rd, 2004, 07:42 PM
Only up until a few years ago the borough I live in was still paying a 'leg trapper' for the pelts of coons, skunks and foxes he was catching.
This is a busy residential city! He was leg trapping in his yard and behind it in a ravine overlooking the Scarborough Bluffs.

When he was interviewed, he took the cameraman to his bsmt where dozens of pelts were hanging to dry.

Lets just say not long after the law was changed.

cutelittlemako
May 23rd, 2004, 11:07 PM
Hey, don't say stupid politicians. I personally know 2 senators and they are the nicest people I have ever met. One is retiring in June I think (A professor at my University), and the other is on the special comitee for decrimininalization of marijuana. Anyways, they're really nice people and deserve alot of respect. Sometimes the Bills are really important, but they need more work, just give it time.

melanie
May 24th, 2004, 05:55 PM
he, he, he, he :D . oh i loves to be cheeky :p . oh cutlittlemaoko, ok so their not all stupid and they do some stuff and all that (and the one on the decriminalisation panel is a good sort too eh :D ).
we dont have bills here but i have seen them used in song on the simpsons :D . oh but if you saw our current primeminister (and our other polies), oh you would sooo understand my silly generalisations, oh i just wonder who on earth voted for little Johnny Howard, no one claims to anymore so i think it was the bloody immaculate election :p ?? there was a radio competition he entered as a child, the other day i heard it, oh so funny, he kept snorting like a deviate between answers, oh so funny. and my hubby once played cricket with his son, he was umpire and got hit in the privates by my hubbys cricket ball, ha, ha, ha :D :eek: oh our government is at a loss and it is kinda embarassing :eek: :D

chico2
May 24th, 2004, 11:25 PM
In this case they are stupid,the OSPCA has been trying to get this Bill through for umpteen years,have had thousands of petitions signed,year after year.
Unfortunately this too is much about business and money,although we are thinking mostly about the abuse of pets,the Bill also includes the treatment of farm-animals,Rodeos,circuses,petting-Zoos etc...and there is a lot of opposition from different organisations who are very upset about all these"animal-activists".
Most people would like to see someone go to jail,who as with Kensington the cat,skins an animal alive,pokes his eyes out while alive and other sadistic methods,instead of week-end housearrest.
The OSPCA and others are frustrated with animal-abusers getting away with this kind of cruelty to animals time and again,but it will not change until Bill-22 is passed as law.