Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pancreatitis

Janie123
September 28th, 2007, 09:23 PM
My Yorkie may have pancreatitis. Do you think Clavamox would help him? I have so little money and taking him to the vet would be so expensive. But I will take him if I have to. His name is Boo and he's a BIG sweet yorkie with sad eyes. I love him dearly.:sick:

mummummum
September 28th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I think you probably know the answer... please do not give your dog OTC or prescribed medicine for a problem without a diagnosis. This may make the problem worse and may mask symptoms. Your dog needs to be seen by a Vet.

rainbow
September 28th, 2007, 11:16 PM
You should never self-diagnose your dog. If it is pancreatitis it can be life threatening so I would get him to the vet asap. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Janie123
September 29th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Oh,I will take him in. I just know the signs when I see them. He also has a tendency to run fevers. I'm pretty sure this is pancreatitis though. I saw it in my other Yorkie and diligently gave her her medications. I can't remember what they gave her and he had a mild case of it once.
He is SO cute and looks at me with these sad eyes. My husband asked me how it felt to be adored. He's my boy,that's for sure. Bonnie is an adorable airhead but tends to be by my husband more. He will say,"Bonnie,give me a sneer" and she will show her teeth. She's so adorable. Bru is more serious.
Vets are just so expensive now. I took my cat in because he had a growth on his tongue. It cost 500$ to remove it. That was so hard to pay but we did somehow.:shrug: I would love to get another kitten but can't afford it. These are our last animals for awhile.