Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What in the world?

Catnip_Crazy
September 28th, 2007, 07:38 PM
The princess of the realm has taken to acting very strangely. Whenever my grandfather gets too close to her or speaks to/around her she takes off running and hides, quite often to me. He has never been mean to her, so I don't understand it. When she is outside on the porch with him and she thinks I am not looking, she rubs up against him to be petted and gets up on the swing with him. Is this another common kitten behavior and just another testament to my inexperience? :confused::shrug:

Jim Hall
September 28th, 2007, 07:55 PM
lol if you try to figure out cats you will go insane

maybe she thinks she is defending you?

Catnip_Crazy
September 29th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I don't know, but I think it is hurting my grandfather's feelings a little. He would never admit it though.

Love4himies
October 1st, 2007, 07:16 AM
I don't think anybody understands what goes through a cat's head. Cat's seem to prefer those who seemingly ignore the cat's presence and allow the cat to go to them.

Maybe suggest to your grandfather to ignore her and allow her to come to him and when she does, he can simply give her a casual pat and a treat when she does, then ignore her. She will quickly learn to trust and love him.

The other thing I was thinking, are you sure the cat is scared or is it playing hide and seek wanting grandpa to play?

ancientgirl
October 1st, 2007, 09:31 AM
Oksana will not go near one of my best friends, yet this weekend I had a computer guy come to my place to set up my wireless connection and she came up to him with no problem.

I think its normal for cats to just be particular about people. Perhaps the suggestion before, about your grandfather petting her when she comes to him.

Catnip_Crazy
October 3rd, 2007, 08:46 PM
She comes up to him and lets him pet her when she thinks he has food. The rest of the time she runs from him.

Jim Hall
October 3rd, 2007, 08:52 PM
ahh u mean she acts:D like ... a cat?