Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitty farts, an untapped source that can replace nuclear weapons

ancientgirl
September 28th, 2007, 02:41 PM
So last night, Oksana was lounging on my bed as I watched some TV. She laid her little self out and I was petting her. When I pet her I tell her what a pretty girl she is and how sweet she is, so of course I had my mouth open when I was hit unawares by something more powerful I'd gather than nerve gas.

OMG, how can something so cute expel something so putrid? Mind you, I suspect she may have worms and am taking her to the vet, but boy what stinky!

Then this morning, as I was enjoying the fact that for the first time in a very long time, my sweet Vlad decided he wanted to sleep on my pillow, on my head, I smelled something equally as foul. :yuck:

It's a good thing they are so adorable or else I'd think they were :evil: in disguise!

JanM
September 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: you were definitely caught by surprise!!! One of my dogs does that - but thank goodness not when she's quite that close :D

kiwi_girl96
September 28th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Oh yes. We've had the same thing happen. For a while we were blaming it on the dog (Kiwi, she's been known to do this), but then one day Pepper was in the room and Kiwi was not. Oh my gosh!!! The smell that came out of that little thing. :eek: :yuck:

Jim Hall
September 28th, 2007, 03:13 PM
the first time i was owned by a cat and he did that i imeditaly called the vet the vet couldnt stop laughing at me

chico2
September 28th, 2007, 04:08 PM
My Rocky,since on meds for Hyperthyroidism has some terribly stinky ones,he can stink up the whole house.
At first I thought it was hubby,but now I know better:laughing:
A small body with a HUGE stink...:cat:

TMac
September 28th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Now imagine that smell, only x10 in volume and you have my sweet dog "Gas Leak" - otherwise known as Toby. :yuck:

We actually went out to check the gas meter once...we were SURE that was what we were smelling. All set to call the gas company in the middle of the night. It wasn't until we noticed that the smell emanated from one furry spot on the floor and followed said furry spot upstairs, when we realized...!!

I much prefer his audible but not too smelly variety...its funny when he startles himself by the noise! :laughing::laughing:

want4rain
September 28th, 2007, 05:45 PM
im glad you started a thread but not glad of WHY!! LOLOL

i took a picture for you today!! (i hope it doesnt come out to big here!!)

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/-1.jpg

for your kitty condo!

-ashley

ancientgirl
September 28th, 2007, 06:16 PM
LOL, that's cute with the kitty plush butt placed in that strategic direction.

I remember when we first moved to Miami. My cousins had two poodles and one day I was playing with them and though "holy cow, what's that smell!" I soon found out it was them.

It must be all that gas compressed in those small intestines. Blech!

When I took Oksana to her first vet appointment, she gave the vet a nice how do you do. LOL, the vet looked at me and said. "That's one powerful kitty fart."

Catnip_Crazy
September 28th, 2007, 06:19 PM
Lol, Amber does the same thing. I am hoping it will lessen when she is properly acclimated to her raw fish-free diet.

Good luck :laughing::cat:

dmc123
September 28th, 2007, 07:28 PM
LOL hilarious!!! Multiply that by 4 Quads! They have their moments!

Diane

krdahmer
September 29th, 2007, 12:08 AM
:laughing::laughing:.... Ya my dad used to get a kick out of how 'Windy' lived up to her name in her kitten years:yuck:. I've found that although still potent, they are few and far between as they get older.

ancientgirl
September 29th, 2007, 12:23 PM
I'm also thinking the food they eat has a lot to do with it.

Stacer
September 29th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I can honestly say that in all the years I've had cats, I've never smelled a feline fart!!

hazelrunpack
September 29th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I can honestly say that in all the years I've had cats, I've never smelled a feline fart!!

hazel wishes she could make the same claim about doggie farts :eek:

:p

Ooooo-wheeeee...when they all get into acorns at once... :eek: :yuck: :eek:

chico2
September 29th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Many years ago I had a CollieX,she had the most smelly loud"farts"(I never understood,the wording"Passing wind":laughing:)
Whenever she did it,she would be startled and quickly checked her behind,it was sooo funny,poor girl,she was embarrassed:laughing:

ancientgirl
September 29th, 2007, 04:57 PM

OMG! Consider yourself lucky.

I actually just got back from the vet. Oksana has some parasite, which is to blame for her lack of appetite, and her gassyness. I got some antibiotics and something else for the gas.

LOL, unfortunately thought for Vlad, he had to get a fecal test by default. Um...he wasn't happy. But he's clear.

So my Little Miss will be on some meds for the next week and a half.

The vet told me that's the bad thing about living in Miami. She said she just moved here and she's seen bacteria and parasites she never had to deal with before where she lived. It's all part of living in the Sunshine State. Oh joy.

Longblades
September 30th, 2007, 04:16 PM
There is an old time story in my family about my Grandmother being at someone else's house when an unpleasant odour seeped into the gathering. The lady of the house apparently said, " oh dear, put the cat out." And the slightly slow on the uptake daughter replied, "but Mother, we don't have a cat."

Feel free to add all of you who have heard this story in your family too. :)