Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Glad to find site!

lilbear
September 28th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Hi wow this site is awesome so glad I found it. We have Wessen (the puppy on the right, the puppy on left is brother Smith) german shepherd purebred now a year old. He is a suck and thinks he is a lapdog! We also have 2 red slider turtles, Speedy is the larger one 2.5yrs and Dude is 1.5 yrs, as well we have 2 aquariums one is 100 gallon with tropicals right now but in the new year we are thinking of making a salt water reef tank, the other is a 20 galloon with African Chiclids(that one is my daughters, the turtles are in a 65 galloon tank they are my son's). We just bought a new home and are anxious for spring lol, we are making a pond with a stream for the turtles to play in over summer.
I've grown up with Irish Setters but fiancee has always had shepherd collie cross so this is our first purebreed german shepherd. Next year I am thinking of getting a Great Pyrennes they are such amazing dogs.
We are an animal family my daughter also takes English riding lessons and is a fanatic about horses! This weekend she is doing her first show and only been doing lessons for 1 year. They say she is a natural for jumping.
My son was bitten at age 3 by my fathers Irish Setter but is not the least bit afraid of dogs in fact that day after being released from the hospital after several hours of stitching his face up in many spots, he insisted on coming home and giving the dog a hug to say he forgave him and goodbye before dad could take the dog to the vets for the standard quarantine.
We love all animals big and small as you can tell from horses to turtles and fish. We had to Green Anoles but they didnt fair out to good with our move so we had to give them up to a good home in their best interests at the time.
Well now thats a bit about me LOL sorry for being so long winded there.
:dog::ca:

Lukka'sma
September 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
WOW....quite a story:D
Long winded is good as we love to hear about the new members families and all the events that lead you to this site.
Your puppers are beautiful.
Welcome:thumbs up

mummummum
September 28th, 2007, 06:23 PM
What a fantastic BIG family you have there ! Amazed the puppy is so gentle with the turtles. Welcome aboard!

JanM
September 28th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Lovely family you have! Welcome to the board..

hazelrunpack
September 28th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Welcome to the board! Great intro, and we didn't even have to bug you for pictures. :thumbs up :D

rainbow
September 30th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Welcome to the forum. Smith and Wessen are gorgeous and I love the puppy pics. :cloud9: