Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

help....

wolverine13
September 28th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Today my wife brought the family cat,a ragdoll named Bella,to the vet to be spayed.A few hours later she recived a call at work from the vet, who told her there was a problem with the procedure. The vet told my wife that when he made the incision(not sure if thats spelled right),that her uterus "fell out", and that he may need to keep her longer for observation because he may have nicked her bladder.He then informed her that there was sever blood loss and that he had given her pain medication,now i know that things go wrong from time to time with any sugical procedure but this just does not feel right, and when i go in their tommorow i know terms will be used that i could not posible understand without study and i feel i will be blind sided,i don't know if i should be paying for this,what extra care will she need and what will be the long term effects on her health?

krdahmer
September 28th, 2007, 02:15 AM
I am so sorry your poor kitty is having trouble. I would listen, and make sure the vet explains any terminology you don't understand completely. Nicking the bladder was their mistake and they should be taking on any cost and extra care at no burden to you. I hope your kitty has a successful and speedy recovery. :pray:

Love4himies
September 28th, 2007, 07:25 AM
From what I understand, nicking the bladder is one of the more common risks of spaying. Hopefully they have been able to repair the nick and all will be OK. As for the blood loss, a lot of rest and fluids should pull her through, she will probably seem very lethargic for a few weeks.

I would not be paying any more than for the actual procedure, if even that. The least they can do after putting you through this stress, is to not charge you.

Sending you and your kitty :goodvibes: and :pray: for a quick recovery.

Let us know how your kitty is doing.

TeriM
September 29th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Hope Bella is recovering well :goodvibes:.

rainbow
September 29th, 2007, 03:50 AM
Poor Bella. :sad: :grouphug: I hope you have her back home now. Do you have an update for us? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Love4himies
October 1st, 2007, 08:29 AM
How is Bella doing?