Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

been remembering the good times

shredy
September 27th, 2007, 11:58 PM
before digital cameras, so I scanned in pics of Shade from over the years including baby ones...

These are baby ones including her first swim which I have talked about before...

shredy
September 28th, 2007, 12:05 AM
hmmm it is only letting me attach two, so here is the swim one... and some more. I would ride my bike to the lake with he ride my backpack (just a couple blocks) that is her looking down the rocks at the lake. She loved to stalk the golf club for some reason, very kitten like.

shredy
September 28th, 2007, 12:09 AM
some more... she starts to become a toddler... and there is one in there of her in her kennel after she broke her back (I don't know why she looked so happy)

shredy
September 28th, 2007, 12:11 AM
more..... some varying levels of her "smile"

shredy
September 28th, 2007, 12:13 AM
these are some friend pics, the brown dog, Scooby, was who helped raise her, he is still alive and having a great time! We call him Jack Lelane... The wolf hybrid is Otto and they played all the time until his dad, the one in the Mount Tallac picture moved. The little black dog, Hailey, she is playing with was our neighbors dog, they were a few weeks apart in age and boy the loved to wrestle! The last one is an older picture, she is laying in her bed at the foot of our bed...

shredy
September 28th, 2007, 12:15 AM
The first one was from teh top of Mount Tallac in Lake Tahoe with a friend of mine, and camping at a nearby lake in desolation wilderness, some beauty shots, she had a =n old couch in front of one of my houses and she would lie out there and watch everyone go by, the one next to the rowboat is the first place she swam, she jumped out of one of those rowboats in the middle of the lake at 8 weeks!

shredy
September 28th, 2007, 12:17 AM
I hope you all enjoy, because I really love looking at her baby pics. She was the runt of her litter, I could hold her in the palm of my hand when I brought her home and she had to wear a kitten collar because the dog collars were all too big. You can see the gray markings on her face which led me to name her Shade, they disappeared at about 4 months!

growler~GateKeeper
September 28th, 2007, 04:01 AM
Shade was a purrty girl, it's obvious she was well loved :grouphug:

Love4himies
September 28th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Shade was obviously a happy dog, good going, shredy. She sure had lots of doggie friends. The picture that Shade is showing all her teeth under the "smiles" post, is that really a smile or a full, roaring laugh:laughing:

chico2
September 28th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Aww Shredy,Shade had a wonderful life for sure,she is gone now,but I am sure,wherever she is,she is thanking you for giving her the best life has to offer.:dog:

shredy
September 28th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Thanks you guys! Love4- Most of the smiling pics are from when we caught her doing someone she wasn't supposed to do, but she would also smile on command, all I had to say was "show me your teeth" or "elvis" and she would flash her pearly whites :D. That is also the face I came home to everyday and along with it she had a funny snort then she would run to grab any toy she could find to hold in her mouth so she would stop smiling. Apparently she didn't like to do that :laughing:. I have met a few other dogs that smile like she did, and I love it! It did scare some people though, I wonder why ;)
She was well loved and I wish I had more pictures of her from when she was a puppy, but I was young, with very little $$ and lots of moving around so I only have a few. I can tell you though, as much as I loved her puppy years, her senior ones were my favorite, she was such a good friend still full of life and love until the last month before her death. Wasn't she a darling puppy though?? It may be selective memory, but she was a very well behaved little one, only a few destructive moments most of them minor. She always had an outlet for her energy which I think kept her out of trouble. I ran with her daily in the forest to the river where she swam for a little while before we came home. I have great memories of the countless hours I spent with her. The pain is still here though, I don't think it will ever really be gone.

I'm glad you like her pics :lovestruck:

Frenchy
September 28th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Beautiful pictures ! All of them :lovestruck: Shade was very loved and it shows. I had to pic a favorite :D the last one of post number 3 :lovestruck: what a cutie !

mummummum
September 28th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Fantastic Shredy ! I love puppy pix ~ I wish I had more of my grrrl's too ! The wonderful thing about pix is that no matter how down we're feeling, they always bring a smile as we remember the :cloud9:moment:lovestruck: they were taken.

rainbow
September 29th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Thanks for sharing all those pics of Shade. :cloud9: and, I just love the ones of her different smiles. :D She was a beautiful girl. :lovestruck: