Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Newly arrived from the UK

Tigs
September 27th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone,
I have recently arrived in Canada from the UK. I am a behaviourist who specializes in human/companion animal problems. I won't be able to answer all your questions, but will help on this forum from time to time. Nor am I on this forum to solicit business for myself. I am animal welfare obsessed and have done alot of research on improving conditions for working companion animals (i.e. sled dogs). Right now I am doing research on human/dog relationships and how our behaviour contritubes to our dog's behaviours, irrespective of breed, or genetic factors. This is research I am conducting for a PhD and the goal is that we will eventually be able to recognise how we affect our dog's behaviours and that that will eventually lead to fewer being rehomed or distroyed. I hope that some forum members would be interested in completing a survey I have launched on-line through the University of Southampton in the UK. It is quite long-40 minutes to complete and asks you to complete questions about yourself, your relationships and your dog's behaviours. If you are currently a dog owner and would like to complete the study, as I say, it would help our overall understanding of the realtionship between people and their dogs (I am not selling anything, I only want to advance our knowledge).
I hope Admin won't mind me posting this link....

http://www.psychology.soton.ac.uk/psychosurvey/survey_start.php?surveyID=244

If it doesn't work let me know on this thread and it could be emailed to you.
Or, try just copying and pasting the url into your browser.

Thanks alot,
Tigs (proud owner of a 9yr old gorgeous Dobie!)

Ford Girl
September 27th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Hi!! And welcome!! I will take this survey IF you post some pictures of your dog. :cloud9:

Tigs
September 27th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Sounds like a good barter to me! If I can figure out how to upload a pic I will asap! oops just tried but file too big. Will play around with it and try to upload it again.

tx

rainbow
September 30th, 2007, 12:54 AM
are you still playing around? :laughing:

Welcome to pets.ca :thumbs up I've bookmarked your survey to complete later when I log off. :)