Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally Fixed!!!

Burghgurl
May 23rd, 2004, 10:46 AM
Ok I put a post on here a while ago talkin about my cat Precious. How she wouldnt stop meowing. And all I got was nagged about getting her fixed. Well last week she got fixed. The thing is now she's really skinny and sleeping alot. I'm not sure if thats normal or wut but I don't know. But once in a while she's still meowing like she was when she was in heat. Plus not to mention she's my little shadow now. She tries to run and follow me in the bathroom lol. But if you can help with the other things that be great. :p

chico2
May 23rd, 2004, 10:53 AM
Burgh,I am not sure if it's normal,since I have had mostly male cats...sleeping right after surgery probably is,but losing weight and sleeping a lot is not..
Spaying is major surgery,unlike neutering,so it might take her some time to recover,but call and ask the vet,just in case there is something wrong.

Burghgurl
May 23rd, 2004, 11:00 AM
Thanks...I mean that night when we brought her home she was really out of it. I was on the computer and she tried jumping up to come see me I felt so bad lol. So I put her in my lap and she had one of those cone thingys lol and she fell asleep. I felt horrible moving her, but she didn't even wake up lol. But now she sleeps alot more. I mean we gave her a bunch of new toys and stuff but she's just not as playful.

Lucky Rescue
May 23rd, 2004, 11:12 AM
Give her time.She's probably exhausted from being in heat all the time. Cats don't sleep properly then, and she needs to catch up. They don't eat properly either while in heat.

If she is not better soon, there may be something else wrong with her that has no connection to the spaying. Just make sure the incision is not swollen, red or hot.