Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sometimes aggressive female boxer (2 years old)

somps
September 26th, 2007, 02:00 PM
My boxer used to be the most friendly dog in neighborhood, but now she sometimes is randomly aggressive. For example today we met in a park a group of female dogs. at first it was ok, but then suddenly she attacked one, just one. and kept on attacking her.

Ive tried the method "bar open-bar closed" but then she was quite aggressive to other dogs who came to me. Even if it was "lets see who you are".

she also attacked other dog once if it's owner throw that dog's toy to his dog.

I really don't know where to get help, since in Estonia there aren't many places to go and I only know one clinic that has pet psychologist but I don't trust that place since they almost killed my last pet with wrong diagnosis.

PS! I am really sorry if I posted under wrong forum... :o

rainbow
September 26th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Whenever a pet has a behavioural change like that a trip to the vet is in order to rule out any underlying medical conditions. She should have a blood panel done but doesn't need a pet psychologist at this point. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

satchelp
September 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Have her thyroid function checked.

rainbow
September 26th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Satchelp, thanks for mentioning that as some vets do not check for hypothyroidism when they do a blood panel especially in a younger dog.

somps
September 28th, 2007, 06:56 AM
thanks, because of your suggestions to check thyroid function, I started to figure, that even though she has got injection against gestation (after every 3 months) for 1 year or a little more, these may also cause this kind of acting.

but I will check about her hormones and everything else. thanks =)