Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Amazing Shots of Polar Bear & Husky

TeriM
September 25th, 2007, 03:27 AM
This is very cool :thumbs up.

http://speakingoffaith.publicradio.org/programs/play/audiogallery/soundseen.shtml

growler~GateKeeper
September 25th, 2007, 03:33 AM
aww so cute :cloud9: big fuzzy playmate for the Huskys :cloud9:

I love Sibes & I love polar bears so cute to see them together like that, too bad no video though :D

Love4himies
September 25th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Amazing that a polar bear and dog can be friends!

mummummum
September 25th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Wow ~ unreal!

shredy
September 26th, 2007, 12:07 AM
I had such a hard day a work today and this just made it all melt away, Thanks for sharing!

rainbow
September 26th, 2007, 12:39 AM
That is amazing......especially since the husky is on a chain.

OC_Spirit
September 26th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Just a correction, er, specification if you will, those are not Siberian Huskies, they are Canadian Inuit Dogs. I used to know the name of the kennel but cant for the life of me remember at the moment...

rainbow
September 26th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Yeah, I knew they weren't Siberian Huskies as well as Siberians are alot smaller but I did think they might have been malamute. :o I really don't like how all the Artic breeds get called huskies especially when there are so many mixes. :sad:

OC_Spirit
September 26th, 2007, 11:11 PM
It makes sense though considering the term "Husky" does not relate to any one specific breed but rather a class of dogs and that class IS the Northern Freighting breeds LOL I know where you are coming from on how it is confusing though because when someone hears "husky" a lot of the time they think it is Siberian Husky when it could be Malamute or Samoyed, etc. But each Northern Freighting breed does have its on short form too...

Siberian Husky - Sibe
Alaskan Malamute - Mal
Samoyed - Sammy
Canadian Inuit/Eskimo Dog - Inuit Dog/Eskimo Dog
Greenland Dog - GD
Alaskan Husky - a lot of the time "Husky" is just thrown in because an Alaskan HUsky could really be a mix of literally anything so long as it was bred with the intention of the offspring to pull sleds
etc....

rainbow
September 29th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Alaskan Husky - a lot of the time "Husky" is just thrown in because an Alaskan HUsky could really be a mix of literally anything so long as it was bred with the intention of the offspring to pull sleds
etc....

That's what irks me.