Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Husband poked Tyra in the Eye

Shaykeija
September 24th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Damn I keep telling my husband to be careful with the girls. :wall:They were playing tonight and my hubby went to grab Tyra. She let a little eek out of her and I asked him "What did you do?" He said nothing I just touched her head. BS to you mister, Tyra was looking through only one eye. He poked her in the eye with his big fat fingers. :yell: I have prescription eye drops here for her so I have been using them. She seems to be opening the eye a little. So duffus has to bring her to the vet tomorrow, if the eye is not open. He always crabs about the vet bills so this time he can just shut his trap....Yep I am crabby again.:frustrated:

angeldogs
September 24th, 2007, 02:48 AM
I do hope her eye is going to be ok.

Love4himies
September 24th, 2007, 06:26 AM
That mean hubby I have a dufus hubby too with big fat fingers. His excuse to not do anything delicate. Hope her eye is going to be OK.

Shaykeija
September 24th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Well Tyra's eye has a little goop under it this morning, and I am still treating it with the antibiotic eye drops. She is off to see the vet a 3 today. I think he may have scratched her cornea. He gets up and says." Look her eye is fine." I look at her and her eye is only open a little. Nice try bub, you are taking her to the vet...Will post back tonight after I get home from work. I dreamt all night that now I have a one eyed Tyra....

Love4himies
September 24th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I can't believe how much your husband reminds me of mine lol.

rainbow
September 24th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Mine too.....that's why I don't think I could ever have a little dog. :o

I hope Tyra is okay. Good luck at the vet. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Shaykeija
September 24th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Well, I was right. He scratched her eye and it was turning into a ulcer. So more drops for her poor little eye. Punishment for hubby.....he has to put the drops in her eye...every 4 hours. Good thing we work together because he will be driving home during the day to do this....for the next 10 days.

Love4himies
September 25th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Good idea, Shaykeija, does he have to get up in the middle of the night too to make the "every 4 hours" timings?

mummummum
September 25th, 2007, 07:07 PM
On the upside? At least he loves Tyra enought to play with her. :o

Shaykeija
October 5th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Well fat finger Freddy had to bring Tyra back to the vet yesterday. Her poor little eye is still inflamed so more drops every 4 hours.:frustrated: One thing about her being a retired show dog. When you say "stand" she freezes and you can put the drops in with little fuss. This works really well at the vets for a check up.