Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

vomiting in cat-8 yrs old

daisygirl
September 23rd, 2007, 11:35 PM
Hi guys- I'm new to this forum- I have a question-

My 8 yr old calico has been vomiting white frothy bile and I noticed a tinge of blood mixed in with it. It is not alot of blood- it light pink in color and not heavy- or dark. She had been meowing at 3 in the morning and when I go to check on her she runs to her food bowl - but doesn't eat anything. I watched her eat after the threw up today- and she has been playing and running around normally earlier in the day. I'm worried because she won't let me touch her and she looks a little bloated. When she lays on her stomach she looks rotund and sounds like she is having a hard time breathing.

I'm really nervous because I've already lost one baby to cancer and I can't take loosing this little one to another fatal disease.

She has a look on her face that I remember from my dog- and she's been uncharacteristicly loving and snuggly- which tells me that there is something wrong. The problem is that we are broke and can't afford to take her to the vet- it costs a small fortune to bring your animal anywhere these days and the greedy vets in my area won't do anything for your animal for under 500 dollars a visit. (highway robbery)

This old girl is my old friend and I just need to know if this is an emergency-(I'll bounce a check if I have to) or if it is just related to stress or updet tummy.

Shaykeija
September 24th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Bounce the check.....you baby needs to see a vet...

sugarcatmom
September 24th, 2007, 09:37 AM
For sure a vet visit is in order. You might want to look into applying for Care Credit (http://www.carecredit.com/) if you don't have the funds right now, but I wouldn't wait. At 8 years, your cat isn't all that old and should still have a long life ahead of her!

rainbow
September 24th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Definitely get her to the vet asap. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
September 24th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Because of the blood tinge in the vomit - she definately needs to go in as soon as possible. Please also have your vet run a complete geriatric blood panel & urinanalysis to make sure everything is functioning normally - cats & especially older ones are very adept @ hiding any illness.

Good luck @ the Vets & please lets us know how she is doing :)