Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My foster kittens and momma

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2007, 07:49 PM
Here is a picture of my foster kittens sleeping together on their bed. It is rare that they all sleep together.

The second is a picture of their momma, Sweet Pea. She is a beautiful silver taby with splashes of orange.

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2007, 07:53 PM
Whoops the pictures didn't upload. Here is Sweet Pea

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2007, 07:54 PM
Here are her kittens on their bed:

The one on the top left and bottom right are the two orphans that are recovering from the calici virus. From top left going clockwise: Dumbo, Speedy, Bear, Brownie, Runt, Misty, and Twin. Brownie and Twin are the only two kittens that have not had any illnesses at all. Dumbo and Runt are the recovering Calici virus and Bear, Speedy and Misty had a gastrointestinal infections 4 weeks ago. Misty looks just like the stray I was feeding and got hit by a car July 1 weekend.

Dumbo is going to be a 15 lb cat, he is huge. Runt is going to be a tiny framed male. All of Sweet Pea kittens are tiny framed. Speedy is the first kitty to run the length of the bedroom and is an escape artist. She loves to wait by the bedroom door and run out as soon as I open the door. Of course my Jasper is just waiting and plays with her and gives her kisses. Bear was the sickest of the three with the intestinal infection is going to be a sucky lap cat. He was held for hours each day while he was recovering. Originally he was the largest and strongest of the brood and now is very timid and the smallest.

Love4himies
September 23rd, 2007, 08:07 PM
Here is a clearer picture of my sweeties:

want4rain
September 23rd, 2007, 08:14 PM
hahaha i have to count heads!! you are a brave woman! those are some pretty kitties thats for sure. :)

-ashley

Frenchy
September 23rd, 2007, 08:35 PM
omg what a bunch of cuties ! :cloud9: can I go catsit ?

CyberKitten
September 23rd, 2007, 09:58 PM
OMG, they are soo cute!! Like them all but love the little black ones!!! I want to cat sit too!

rainbow
September 24th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Sweet Pea is so pretty and fragile looking. :lovestruck: The seven kittens are absolutely adorable. :cloud9: Just wait until they all start running around the house. :D

Love4himies
September 24th, 2007, 07:15 AM
I could sure use the help to cat sit. Wish I could be at home at lunch to feed the newest sick one, Misty.

chico2
September 24th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Ooh,Awwww,OMG what an adorable pile of fur:lovestruck:
It's difficult to think of them beeing sick:sad:
I hope hardworking Sweet Pea has worked her way in to your heart,she soo deserves a good home,just like yours;)

Love4himies
September 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Sweet Pea is most likely staying with us. I just have to make sure she doesn't go after my female, Puddles. I don't want to introduce them until the kittens are gone, just incase momma's protective instinct kicks in and goes after my cat. Want the first introductions to be as stressless as possible to ensure success.

chico2
September 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
That would be wonderful,after all she's been through,to end up in a cage at the shelter,would be so sad:sad:
Hopefully she'll learn to get along with your kitties:pray:

Smiley14
September 24th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Oh, they are so cute! And WOW, it looks like you have your hands full right now! Good luck and thank you for taking such good care of these babies!!!! :lovestruck:

TeriM
September 25th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Wonderful pics of mama and the babies :cloud9:. They are so lucky to have found you to foster :).

growler~GateKeeper
September 25th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Another one I forgot to oooh & aaahh over http://bestsmileys.com/fainting/1.gif

I love all the pics of these cuties :cloud9: oh to have so many kittens :lovestruck: - any new vidoes??? :D

mummummum
September 25th, 2007, 10:13 PM
That's a BIG pile of cute you have there L4H ! I can't even begin to think of what you home life will be like once they are all "rarin' to go" :crazy:

Love4himies
September 26th, 2007, 08:17 AM
That's a BIG pile of cute you have there L4H ! I can't even begin to think of what you home life will be like once they are all "rarin' to go" :crazy:

Oh they are already "rarin to go". When they hear my footsteps come down the hall, they gather at the door and make a dash out of the room as soon as the door is opened. My Jasper, who is 14 lbs of muscle, waits anxiously outside the room for them to play. He gets them between his two front legs (of course the kittens can stand up under him) and gives them big head kisses. The kittens LOVE him. After their kisses, he gently puts his paw up to play with them.

chico2
September 26th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Aww L4H,that sounds sooo cute..:pray:they will all be 100% healthy,they are just tooo cute:lovestruck::cat:

Love4himies
September 26th, 2007, 08:25 AM
I had 28 little paws running around this morning when I got up!

rainbow
September 26th, 2007, 02:41 PM
WOO HOO for 28 little paws. :highfive: Fingers crossed that the last three don't get it. :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Jasper sounds like a real sweetheart. :lovestruck: I think we need pics of him and the kittens. :D