Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello from Canada

roccoisus
September 22nd, 2007, 04:05 PM
Just wanted to say hello I found this site on google when I was looking for answers about nerve damage My cat Rocco was hit by a car 11 days ago and besides a messed up lip he lost the use of his front left leg Of course I took him to the vet right away they fixed his lip it looks wonderful but they say its nerve damage so I am here to look for answers or ideas for some of the questions going through my head :cat: :ca:

chico2
September 22nd, 2007, 04:27 PM
Rocco,sorry to hear about your kitty:sad:
Did the vet suggest anything,like amputation?
Cats/Dogs will do very well on 3 legs,if he cannot use his frontleg,that's the option I would take.

roccoisus
September 22nd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Yes they suggested that :sad: I was so hoping that he would heal we do have him on steroids right now the vet said that might help so will try that first. He gets around good would the leg have to come off if it doesn't heal? Not that I have a problem with that my mom was an amputee Anyway we are hoping for the best!! Right now its trying to keep him intertained he is one bored 3 year old kitty cat

chico2
September 22nd, 2007, 04:55 PM
Awww,he's just a baby,he'll adjust to anything coming his way,except cars..
Try to keep him close to home,so this cannot happen again,please:pray:
Hopefully the steroids will work for him:cat:

roccoisus
September 22nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
You can be sure he will be an inside kitty from now on!!! We have 2 cats Rocco injured boy and Asia his mother both are fixed and we only let them out in the day time when we are at work 5 hours max he is really missing that. We have Chickens and rabbits too and Rocco's favorite thing to do was catch mice he never left the yard well for three years anyways.I don't know what happened the day he got hit I do know he crawled home it was after 5 so took him to emergency vet. He is a real lover white ,baby blue eyes ,snuggler he kinda looks like your kitty picture lol He is my baby I will do what I have to do when it comes to him (well any animal really I love them all) already took a loan for the vet bill . I would post a picture but not sure how? When I learn I will thats for sure.We have been trying to keep Asia in to but all she does is hiss growl and swipe at Rocco hoping its just the cone freaking her out or maybe the med smell Sure hope it stops soon. Good thing winter is coming they both stay in 24 -7 then. Will make it much easier

chico2
September 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
We would love to see some pics:thumbs up
All you do,when you reply,scrool down and you'll see attachment,it's really easy,but the pics have to be smaller than 100kb,so you might have to resize them.
My Vinnie(5yrs old)is a beautiful white foundling,but he has only one blue eye,the other is greenish:laughing:

roccoisus
September 22nd, 2007, 05:22 PM
I have a photobucket account when I post on another forum all I have to do is the img code can you do that here? If not what code do I use if you know?
Your baby one blue one greenish eye sounds so cute lol

hazelrunpack
September 22nd, 2007, 09:47 PM
Welcome to the board, roccoisus!

Sorry to hear about Rocco's accident! :fingerscr that the steroids fix him up!

img codes should work to post a pic from photobucket :thumbs up I hope you figure it out soon--looking forward to seeing Rocco and Asia. :D (And don't forget pics of the rest of your menagerie :thumbs up)

chico2
September 23rd, 2007, 08:55 AM
Sorry,I am not very PC-savvy,I only know how to post my pics from Adobe Photoshop,but I am sure it the same from the photobucket!
Maybe someone else will be able to help out:cat:

roccoisus
September 23rd, 2007, 12:02 PM
img works here :cat: I posted some pictures in the photo area :D