Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

MY name is christine55, HI.

christine55
September 22nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
I came to this forum to talk about my cat Cosmo who was hit and killed this sept 18,2007. We miss him so much it hurts just to talk about him. He was my son's cat and his best friend and my son found him on the side of the road tue just after taking me to work.

I am not even sure why I am writing this here. I guess just to be able to talk about our cosmo without the kids being reminded of what happened. Heavens know they are taking it as well as can be expected but I am not doing so well. When every I mention Cosmo's name I bring bad the memory of the day he died and it hurts the kids and they get depressed all over again I on the other hand need to talk sometimes about what happened..

got to go.. before I cry again but before I do I will tell you all I have Cosmo's brother with me also his name is Gizmo and I also have another cat named sheba and two dogs stacy and storm. they all miss Cosmo also but Gizmo is in depression I think as he does not want to move far from one of us

christine more when I can talk. thanks for listening to me ramble.

Winston
September 22nd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Welcome Christine55..sorry to meet on such sad circumstances....Be sure to know that Cosmo is waiting for you and your family at the Rainbow Bridge...

I am sorry you had to find your poor kitty that way..Thats one of the main reasons I havve never allowed mine outdoors! I couldnt bare the thought of finding them that way...

I think it is good to talk to the children but in your own way...

Best of Luck!

Cindy

chico2
September 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
Christine,first,I am very sorry you lost your kitty Cosmo,it is heartbreaking to deal with any time,but even more so after your kitty gets hit by a car:sad:
I had that happen to my cat Blue,many,many years ago and from that day on,my cats are never going out on their own.
You can post a tribute to Cosmo at the"Pets that have passed away"Forum and maybe also explain the Rainbow Bridge to the kids,a place we are hoping all our animals go..
I should also say welcome to our Forum,I only wished it had been under happier circumstances.
:rip:little Cosmo:pray:

roccoisus
September 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
So sorry for your loss just wanted to send you a hug:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
September 22nd, 2007, 09:56 PM
I'm sorry for you loss, christine. :grouphug: I, too, wish we were greeting you under better circumstances. I think most on this board have lost beloved companions, so we understand what you're going through. :sad:

:candle: Cosmo

We'd love to hear about your other kitties and your dogs, too. I hope Gizmo is feeling better soon. :fingerscr