Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

finally did the impossible

allymack
September 22nd, 2007, 01:10 PM
well today i did the hardest training i think i will ever have to do with my puppy!, if i give him a bone or a toy, or if he gets something he isnt supposed to have, he will growl and bare his teeth, and i cannot get it fro him. but today after watching the Dog Whisperer (Cesar Millan, amazing!!!!) he was dealing with a dog who did the same thing as Enzo, and he made it look really easy. so i figured well i might as well give it a try, and in about 5 minutes. it was amazing. i actually never thoguht it would never happen but it did!, thats all for now.

~michelle~
September 22nd, 2007, 01:46 PM
becareful of the tactics you take from the tv show, their dogs go through extensive analysis prior to taping and they find whats best for that dog, the behaviour and the reason its being exhibited.
they always say consult a professional prior to using any of the methods you see on the show.

allymack
September 22nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
oh yes, for sure, i know that always at the commmercials and the starting to always consult a professional before trying anything. and i am being very careful of what i am doing and seeing how he is reacting to what i am doing, if he is exhibiting any dominant behaviors, i am always extra careful, becasue i know that can be dangerous, but when he is in a follower mode i make sure to use that to my advantage :D but yah i will be careful, thanks :)

Jim Hall
September 22nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
oh yes, for sure, i know that always at the commmercials and the starting to always consult a professional before trying anything. and i am being very careful of what i am doing and seeing how he is reacting to what i am doing, if he is exhibiting any dominant behaviors, i am always extra careful, becasue i know that can be dangerous, but when he is in a follower mode i make sure to use that to my advantage :D but yah i will be careful, thanks :)

well congrartulations and i am sure you will be able to train him to be a lovely dog. :highfive: