Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

impatient

kara1
September 21st, 2007, 05:15 PM
Sorry just being impatient, I'm waiting for a call from a rescue to go see a dog that i'm interested in. Been waiting since wednesday when will they call? hurry up just needed to get this out of my system. Its frustrating????????:yell::yell::yell:

rainbow
September 21st, 2007, 07:30 PM
I would be frustrated too but some rescues are run by only one person.

Frenchy
September 21st, 2007, 10:25 PM
In the mean time , you could post a link so we could see this doggy :D

rainbow
September 22nd, 2007, 01:01 AM
Good idea. :thumbs up

kara1
September 22nd, 2007, 10:59 AM
Hey all, this is him hope i did this right I've never done this before. http://www.sharesrescue.com/chase.htm I tried calling them last night again so hopefully they'll call today.

wdawson
September 22nd, 2007, 11:56 AM
cute dog....hope it works out:fingerscr

rainbow
September 22nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
He sounds like a great dog. :lovestruck: I hope you hear from them soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

EdwinBird
September 22nd, 2007, 03:08 PM
I love that look! And, from the description, he sounds like a great dog.

Frenchy
September 22nd, 2007, 03:33 PM
He sounds like such a good dog ! Good luck :fingerscr

kara1
September 23rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Its sunday and havent heard a thing

rainbow
September 23rd, 2007, 03:15 PM
Awww, I'm sorry to hear that :grouphug: .....I guess you can only keep trying. :shrug:

mummummum
September 23rd, 2007, 08:49 PM
He's a very handsome boy! Don't give up ~ it was a few weeks before I finally connected with rescue who had my Declan.

Love4himies
September 24th, 2007, 08:19 AM
What a nice looking dog and sounds like he has a great personality to go along with his looks. Definitely a dog that is worth the wait.

ancientgirl
September 24th, 2007, 10:35 AM
What a beautiful dog and from that description he seems like a gem! I hope they call you with good news!:fingerscr

kara1
September 26th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Nothing yet, applied for yet another dog and havent heard anything from either rescues. I wish they would call at least and tell me hes been adopted or something. This is getting depressing:sad:

wdawson
September 26th, 2007, 06:34 PM
i know how you feel.....i'm waiting for one right now....for the second time:sad:

kara1
September 28th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Wdawson did you hear anything about your dog that your waiting on, i havent yet. I dont know if i should call them again or not?

Frenchy
September 28th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I dont know if i should call them again or not?

I would if I was you. I'm not very patient myself :laughing: maybe they are not getting back to you because the dog has already been adopted , if you contact them again , at least you'll know.

rainbow
September 28th, 2007, 11:07 PM
I would call them again too. It's been 10 days now and that's plenty of time for them to reply. I would be really frustrated as well. :frustrated:

kara1
September 28th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Yah i think ill call tommorow. I'll let you all know. Thanks for lettin me complain to you all you guy are great

weppasmom
October 1st, 2007, 09:38 AM
My daughter and her husband are also waiting to hear from a German Shepherd rescue about a 10 month old dog they want to adopt. They too are anxious to go and meet her, but the lady they need to talk to is out of town. I would guess that a lot of rescue organizations have only a few people working and are understaffed. If I ever learn to post pictures, I'll show you guys my future "grand-dog"! :thumbs up

kara1
October 1st, 2007, 05:37 PM
Hey all i've got good news and bad news, Chase the dog inthe picture has been adopted. The other dog that i applied for has got parvo so will see what happens, shes only 6-8 weeks old but if she makes it through this well be able to go see her and maybe have a puppy of my own. If you want to see a picture of her its http://www.scarscare.org/adoptions.asp her names zinny closer to the bottom of the page, she golden color with a black face

Frenchy
October 1st, 2007, 09:51 PM
Parvo :sad:

:fingerscr that she recovers fast :goodvibes:

otter
October 1st, 2007, 10:33 PM
That quite the doggy selection at SCAR... i'd be having trouble choosing just one!

Hope your little one recovers quickly and has a long and happy life with you:cloud9:

rainbow
October 2nd, 2007, 06:29 PM
She is very cute. :lovestruck: I would make sure she is completely recovered before bringing her home though. There sure were lots of nice dogs at that place. :)

white wrabbit
October 17th, 2007, 05:25 PM
just a quick question when you called the second time to the shares.. did they answer? how did you get a hold of them? i would just like to know if the one dog is still there but i doubt it..

did Zinny recover and is she home with you now?

kara1
October 21st, 2007, 07:23 PM
white rabbit after we called the second time they finally called back but the dog was already adopted. no we didnt end up taking zinny for other reasons so we are still on the search for a new puppy. did you find out about yours yet?

white wrabbit
October 22nd, 2007, 12:27 AM
yes i did and when i talked to the lady. she said the only times she dosent call back is if she can't make out the number due to it beaning said quick or can't make out the number left. but she tries to get back to ppl in 48 or less... how ever she did tell me that petfinder is more up to date then the web page is... i went and just looked and Maggie formally known as "Tyro" is now off of petfinder..

white wrabbit
October 22nd, 2007, 12:29 AM
i forgot!!! let us know what happens with your search and good luck with it!! and if your on to one!!!

kara1
October 26th, 2007, 05:57 PM
hey I'm just getting frustrated. no puppy for me yet I live in a trailer park and we have hight restrictions and no restricted dogs blablabla. My hubby doesnt want a small dog, so I have to find something medium sized that fits our restrictions its all just annoying. When i do see something i like its already pending or something. but i guess i'll find something.

white wrabbit
October 26th, 2007, 08:14 PM
the 20 inch restriction? to shoulders or top of head?

kara1
October 27th, 2007, 01:20 PM
its 18 inches to the shoulders. So it is hard to find something thats this size.

white wrabbit
October 27th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Are you just looking to adopt from the Edmonton area? or able to travel a bit? i live just outside of Edmonton my self.. i know that Nasap updates there web page daily or more if there is some thing to update..

kara1
October 27th, 2007, 10:52 PM
We looked at a dog through nasap but he was way too big for us(25 inches). we wanted to wait until we had a fence before we got a dog.we have our fence but any dog weve liked is too big. yah were fussy. we would like a puppy. i've been looking for at least 6 months. on every site scars, shares, paws, prarie animal rescue but some dont tell estimated breed so i dont know what size its going to be. I know that they all dont know but i dont want to adopt a puppy and then have to get rid of it because of size. We will fight the park if its a little over sized because there are many dogs here that dont fit into there rules. but i would like it too be around there. I don't really want a tiny dog but small dogs are ok but my hubby wants a bigger one. Where are you from white rabbit if you dont mind me asking?

white wrabbit
October 27th, 2007, 11:23 PM
probably not what your looking for but i saw a few corgis and Shelties that have been listed lately.. this one caught my attention was reading and thought it was priceless. and i know there is a pup in Lacombe.. but i am sure you have seen them.. (we were thinking of another cattle dog well it was the plan)
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9115841

white wrabbit
October 27th, 2007, 11:26 PM
oh i forgot.. Gibbons is where i am!!

kara1
October 28th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Cute dog but a little out of our way. We have a 3 year old so we would like to be able to check them out with him as well so to drive too far would be out of the question. I would like to try for maybe a shiba-inu but there far a nd few inbetween. there nice dogs but if i can find something else thats fine too there are shibas on the kijiji site or bargain finder but $1000 dollars is just ridiculous.:laughing:

white wrabbit
October 28th, 2007, 05:29 PM
i know they are beautiful dogs!! yeah i know the distance thing.. why i was asking it about it. and when you said 18 and under but not a small dog.. corgi and shelties came to my mind.. i do know North Battlford Sk is closer then one of the shelters you mentioned... and yet petfinder can be confusing cuz some shelters only list puppys that are under 3 months in puppy section while other put them as young.. have you tried 1800 saveapet site.. (Athabasca is not up to date on it at all..) i like that they will email you if some thing new shows up..

kara1
October 29th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I've cheched that one out a few times i'm on the internet almost every day looking on all the sites around and in edmonton. I'm sure i'll find one it may just take time. but i'll let you know when we do thanks.

white wrabbit
October 29th, 2007, 11:05 PM
i wish i had a way to reach you right now!! if you havent seen already!!! on petfinder at Safe Haven Animal Rescue Edmonton Society.. i they are new i went to get the name of the place i adopted from.. and saw them... and i am pretty sure they were not there this afternoon but is in your size range i do believe!