Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Please help cat cruelty killing in Romania

cristinadobre
September 21st, 2007, 03:43 PM
PLEASE HELP , I don't know if here I should post but I have a broken heart. On PROTV channel showed yesterday 3 teenagers from Buzau city, cruelty killing a cat in their place of living not in the house in a lobby of block of flats. I am still crying, I can not control myself, I couldn't sleep for 18 hours I am shocked, all people in Romania is shocked, I can not describe those images and sound...... They were caught by the Police but the only punishment was a money fine. They said in arrogant atitude they did this "just for fun" and "amuzment" and they do not regret.
I am get sick now, I never had abnormal blood pressure, now I have 160/120, I can not even write to you what I feel.
The new law for animal protection with punishment for prison is in Parliament offices, waiting I don't Know what ????. We want urgently to be adopted. This cruelty killing can not be described in words.
Please help inform about this cruelty Killing all the authorities, your Government, Associations for Animal Protection in Canada and USA or other country, any influence institutions to make pressures on our Government. We, and I informed UE but is not enough, we sign petitions it looks like is not enough... Please help, all citizens of my country, a UE member, need your help. Now everybody is furious and angry , some wants, and they are not a few, to go after those 3 youth-criminals and to make them suffer as they did to that poor cat, because they are disgusted of the horrible crime and of that fine considered by all as a joke for what they did.
I hope I can sleep this night.
Thank you for reading my message.

chico2
September 21st, 2007, 04:24 PM
Cristina,there are horrors all over the world,we had almost the same happening to a cat(Kensington)here in Toronto.
3 young men tortured a little cat in the most horrible way,saying they did it for art.
They too were not punished for their evil deed,they might have spent a very short time in jail before their courtdate.But that was it.
I'll never forget,I was a total basketcase,cried rivers for this little defenseless cat.
Our animal-cruelty laws are not much better than yours,they were written 100 yrs ago and as long as the law is not changed and evil people punished,animals will continue to suffer.

cristinadobre
September 21st, 2007, 06:07 PM
We put much hope in this law where is stipulated 1-10 years prison. It is possible what you wrote about the case of cat there, but there are also punished some people for 2-3 years prison. Were cases at Animal Planet - Animal Cops.
So if 1, 2, 3 persons are not punished with prison, but other 10, 11, 12 are, is still a victory.
Otherwise, here people want to organize and give their punishment personally. And I must tell you that exist even rewards for this 3 to be found, addreses all. We are latin as origin and .... But I still belive that this law should be adopted and our 1-st convicted, shall be a big victory for defencing animal life. And it will be an example for others at least to stop them to do this. Fear of being in prison could stop.
Thank you for you answer me.

badger
September 21st, 2007, 06:41 PM
We are fighting also here in Canada, the laws in favour of animals are very weak, nobody goes to prison for animal cruelty, at best a fine. I envy you the possibility of stricter laws being applied by the EU.
May your sorrow turn into righteous anger, don't give up! There are so many problems, but we must keep this one problem in front of the public eye. Bon courage!

jiorji
September 21st, 2007, 07:23 PM
well this doesn't surprise me.
Animal laws in Romania are....ok there aren't any. I don't see how people respond to animal cruelty since crime and HUMAN cruelty is not much dealt with there either. And the youth needs to be controlled better .....perhaps there needs to be more youth involvement and education. There's also no fear of law.

the list goes on as to why people act this way ...

too bad for the cat :sad::rip:

CyberKitten
September 21st, 2007, 09:46 PM
I am so sorry (and appalled) to hear about the cat but alas, there is little we can do here from Canada except perhaps complain to their consulate or not purchase goods there until they reform their laws but citizens who live there would have a much better chance if they lobby collectively as a group.

I hate animal cruelty! You could write an animal rescue group with an international focus. Good luck!!!

jiorji
September 21st, 2007, 09:51 PM
I am so sorry (and appalled) to hear about the cat but alas, there is little we can do here from Canada except perhaps complain to their consulate or not purchase goods there until they reform their laws but citizens who live there would have a much better chance if they lobby collectively as a group.

I hate animal cruelty! You could write an animal rescue group with an international focus. Good luck!!!

not much gets imported from Romania.:o

Love4himies
September 21st, 2007, 10:00 PM
What a sad story. I will never understand the cruelty some human inflict upon other living creatures.

Bless you for being so caring.

cristinadobre
September 23rd, 2007, 07:22 AM
Thank you so much for all your answers and advices. I coudn't write until now, because of that big shock I passed through. Sleeping in my bad, my body was jumping uncontrolled , in sleep, from 10 to 10 min. I appreciate your words, I feel as I am not alone!!!.
I will fight for this law in my country with all my powers, I'll never forget those guys not even after 10 years of my life. And if life offers me an opportunity I shall make them pay for this and I shall have no regrets. I believe that education is very important for all youngs but, unfortunately for this 3 is too late!!!. We all see that at TV images.
If just 1 chance exists that you can complain to the Romanian Consulate, or other methods, please do it !!!!. I will you thank you and be grateful how long I live on this earth.
I'll take also your advices and I inform everywhere I can.
This horrible act was too much for me and for 20 mil. citizens of my country.

cristinadobre
September 29th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Now I can give you some news from here and I hope it shall have a positive result. It is a big pressure comming now from people and mass-media to adopt urgently this new law for the animal protection. Some Senators made public statements on TV news that they will introduce this law to be voted. The law stipulates prison punishment for such cruelty acts and also the establishment of Animals Cop. The campaign for this law is supported also by media, PROTV channel, so I still hope with all my heart that our effort could help for this poor animals.

jiorji
September 29th, 2007, 04:32 PM
i hope the law passes...........but i don't know:shrug:

rainbow
September 30th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Good luck with all your efforts. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
September 30th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Christina,that's good news,actually much more action than here..hope it works out:pray:

cristinadobre
September 30th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Hello everybody and thanks, yes Jiorji you are right, the point is to pass the law which is not very easy, Rainbow, yes, we need a lot of luck and Chico2- it seems that this are good news, I hope that our politicians respects their promises, and hope that could be a chance for you also in Canada.
So, I shall wait and see, now is to soon for us to be really happy.