Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hey from the new girl!

Amanda_girl
September 21st, 2007, 04:41 PM
Hey,

I figured its about time I introduce myself. I stumbled on this site in July right before I got my new puppy! Its been a great resource for me. I have found so much useful advice. I also just love to hear everyone's funny animal stories.

My name is Amanda, I'm from Manitoba. I have a 9 year old kitty at home named Rascal. He is one of the most amazing animals I've ever met! He is so strong; he's been through a leg amputation, extensive dental work, and a terrible skin disease! Not only that but his sister died a few months ago (so sad...) and just recently has had to deal with a new energitic puppy in the apartment!

My new puppy is my life right now! If I'm not with her, I'm always thinking of her! She is an american and english bulldog (mom was american, dad was english). She is energetic, super playful, and smart. Stubborn as heck though! She sure knows how to push my buttons!

I don't post much, I spend most of my time learning! This is my first time having full responsibility for a dog. I grew up with the family dog, but just moved out on my own! Being the mommy is definitely more difficult now! Wish me luck!!

Amanda

breeze
September 21st, 2007, 04:46 PM
welcome to the forum amanda girl and luck is always on our side, just have to figure out how to use it lol lol

pictures would be nice, we all love to see pictures then bug you for more lol lol, can never get enough..

Lukka'sma
September 21st, 2007, 04:47 PM
Good Luck Amanda

So nice to have you here. Look forward to many pictures of your fur family:D

Amanda_girl
September 21st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Pics of my cat and little girl at 8 weeks (Aug 1st)

Amanda_girl
September 21st, 2007, 05:19 PM
more recent pictures of Savanna, (the golden is her friend Jake)

Jim Hall
September 21st, 2007, 05:30 PM
Savanna is so adorable!!!

And yeah cats are pretty tough creatures amazingly so sometimes

breeze
September 21st, 2007, 07:06 PM
OMG she is soooooo cute !!!!!

Frenchy
September 21st, 2007, 10:42 PM
omg your pup is adorable ! :cloud9: welcome to pets.ca !

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2007, 10:49 PM
Savanna is a doll! :lovestruck: How do she and Rascal get along?

Welcome to the board, Amanda. Thanks for posting the pics of your furrbabies so quickly--cuz otherwise, we would have had to beg...and we're really quite pathetic when we're whining! :laughing:

JanM
September 21st, 2007, 11:10 PM
What a beauty you have! Well, two beauties.. Welcome to the Board.

growler~GateKeeper
September 22nd, 2007, 02:17 AM
Ohhh this puppy is so cute!! I hope your cat is a very mellow fellow :)

Welcome to the board & feel free to post more pics in the pet photo forum I'm sure everyone would love to see them!

Amanda_girl
September 26th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks everyone!

Rascal is definitely mellow! He has so much patience for Savanna. She is always trying to be around him, whether she's trying to play with him, cleaning him, or trying to sleep with him. He's not much of a playful cat, but he'll lie on his back and swat at her a few times for fun! He even licks her when she's trying to nip at him!

I have to keep an eye on them together, just because I'm afraid she'll be a big bully, but he seems to like the company, even if she annoys him!

I'll have to post a pic of the two of them sleeping together....its the cutest!

Amanda

Love4himies
September 26th, 2007, 12:42 PM
You do have an amazing cat. I can't believe Rascal has so much patience with Savanna lol.

Is Savanna ever growing quickly! How big do you think she will get?

Amanda_girl
October 11th, 2007, 05:48 PM
Yes she sure is! She'll probably be around 45 pounds (thats what the vet is estimating). She's solid muscle though, I have a feeling she'll be able to knock me right over in a few months!

Amanda

rainbow
October 11th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Welcome to pets.ca :thumbs up Savanna is adorable :lovestruck: ....I love the last pic of her. :cloud9: