Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on Amber and other dogs...

JanM
September 21st, 2007, 12:03 PM
I hope it isn't too soon to cry yahoooo - but we've met several new dogs over the past week - in different places and in places where Amber has gone after dogs in the past - and she hasn't done a thing!

I still don't know if this is part of the terrible two syndrome or if it is just a general behaviour issue but the corrections we've done plus my really working on relaxing and not being concerned is, I think, doing the trick.

It didn't seem related to me but now that Amber isn't allowed to block Bobby from coming to me and a few other things like that, this too is helping with the behaviour.

I'll still be working on this issue - probably for a while - but at least I now feel there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Ford Girl
September 21st, 2007, 04:51 PM
See...good days and bad days...and in between days....keep up the good work! LOL!!! :thumbs up

TMac
September 21st, 2007, 05:08 PM
Yep! At least you know that some good behaviour is possible right now! ;)

FordGirl is right - there will be good and bad days. Just keep doing what you're doing and keep a good eye on Amber. You may have to keep being very diligent even beyond the terrible twos but it should improve some after she is older! :thumbs up

JanM
September 21st, 2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! While it is a lot of work with a dog like Amber, it sure makes life interesting! My learning curve is improving too :D

rainbow
September 21st, 2007, 06:16 PM
I agree with the good days, bad days and in between days too. It's one day at a time. YAY for Amber. :highfive:

hazelrunpack
September 21st, 2007, 10:15 PM
Hurrah! :highfive: I hope she has many more good days than bad ones...:D...but she is at that terrible two stage, so don't get discouraged if she has a wee relapse or two. :o Sounds like you're really getting a handle on things, though. :thumbs up

TeriM
September 22nd, 2007, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the encouragement! While it is a lot of work with a dog like Amber, it sure makes life interesting! My learning curve is improving too :D

Great news with Amber :thumbs up. They certainly keep us on our toes don't they :D.

JanM
September 22nd, 2007, 09:55 AM
"They certainly keep us on our toes don't they" - too true - on my toes, on my heels, on alert... but I don't want to know what life would be like without them!